DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Horrible Crash, is possible to repair this?

enriqueiii

Reactions
This was completely my fault, I waas flying the drone backwards and hit a church! :(
I was able to rescue my Mavic but is really damaged, do you think is possible to repair something like this? (see images)

Or maybe is better to try to sell the parts and buy a new one? (maybe Mavic Air this time?)

Attachments

• 20180220_205203.jpg
    20180220_205203.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 161
  • 20180220_205151.jpg
    20180220_205151.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 160
  • droncrash.jpg
    droncrash.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 160
That’s not good. I would say Time for a new drone. Next time take out State Farm insurance.

Reactions: BD0G
This was completely my fault, I waas flying the drone backwards and hit a church! :(
I was able to rescue my Mavic but is really damaged, do you think is possible to repair something like this? (see images)

Or maybe is better to try to sell the parts and buy a new one? (maybe Mavic Air this time?)
If your in the US, @Thunderdrones is your best bet. I've not heard of a Mavic he couldn't fix.

Might be worth getting a quote off him.

Other option is send in to DJI. I doubt repair cost would be more than cost of a new one minus what you make selling parts.

Reactions: Former Member
I'd say it really hinges on if that gimbal is destroyed or not.
If you threw that on ebay, I bet you could get $400-450 with the controller, one battery, and charger. Then you could buy a used drone on here. Being that I've seen the fly-more combos for around $700, you'd get $160 of extra batteries and a non-crashed drone that you don't have to worry about crash costs adding up when you go to repair it. The extra batteries alone would make it worth it.

Y
do you think is possible to repair something like this? (maybe Mavic Air this time?)
Buy New
Yes you can repair
but
No do not repair the DJI flight controller will give you problems. DJI flight controllers are known to be flaky after a major and even minor crashes.
Also
Tail out flying is hard to do. What I would recommend is buy new. Fly 3 packs tail at 45 then 3 @ 90 then 135 then 180 then -135 then -90 then -45
Once you see your DJI position no matter what position it is in you change your stick control to that visual position.

I can guarantee that repairing it will be better than parting it out. People dont like to buy broken Mavics. If they buy it and claim it was not as described, they get to send it back to you and you pay the shipping. If you sell on eBay, you have to pay the fees.

I can get you an estimate if you are in the USA. I looked at your pictures and have seen much worse.

Reactions: Callum

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52