DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

hot Spot my iPhone to my RC Pro?

Grtday

Reactions
I’m quite confused as to how my RC Pro can jump onto my iPhone 12 Pro.
I want to power on the RC Pro and allow it access to the wireless internet via my iPhones Hot Spot.
Any videos already produced would be grateful.
Thanks to all!

Your hotspot would be like the router that you use at home when your phone connects to it.
Your RC Pro is like your phone when connecting to WIFI. Be sure your hotspot is turned on and make note of the password required to connect. Swipe down slowly from the top of the screen to access the menu of the RC. Select Wifi, then let it search for your phone. select your phones WIFI hotspot, then inter your password.
That should get you connected.

Thanks for your comeback, however I want the RC Pro to connect to my phones hot spot while out flying. To download maps, gps, litchi, etc.
How?

I might be a little slow, but I think Drone Master answered your question, unless I too don't understand what your asking.

Unlike the DJI RC which automatically turns off wifi and Bluetooth when you start the props the RC-Pro does not. If you are connected to your phone's wifi hotspot on power up it will stay connected in flight (assuming you keep your phone close during flight, like in your pocket).

Reactions: rjwmorrell
You just need to enable the "hotspot" feature in your phone. I don't use iPhone, but it will be in your settings, probably under "connections" or something like that, but look for hotspot. Once you enable it, it should display a password for you. Then go to the RC Pro and check the wifi connections area, you should have a new router available to connect to showing. You may have to tell it to rescan for available networks for it to show up. Tell it to connect and put in the password your phone showed you under the hotspot connection.
That should be it, in the future it should automatically connect each time you enable the hotspot. Don't forget to turn off the hotspot on your phone when finished flying for the day.

Your hotspot would be like the router that you use at home when your phone connects to it.
Your RC Pro is like your phone when connecting to WIFI. Be sure your hotspot is turned on and make note of the password required to connect. Swipe down slowly from the top of the screen to access the menu of the RC. Select Wifi, then let it search for your phone. select your phones WIFI hotspot, then inter your password.
That should get you connected.
Sir, I wanted to thank you for all your great help! I have a second hand mavic 3 Cine and it has been working great in Canada. I was on a personal trip in PA, USA and was able to connect via Bluetooth to my phone to the RC Pro controller, but I still get the “account not logged in” error message. Is there any way I can pay for a FaceTime consult with you to solve this? When I login to my account with my email address and hit next… it says “check network”.

Unlike the DJI RC which automatically turns off wifi and Bluetooth when you start the props the RC-Pro does not. If you are connected to your phone's wifi hotspot on power up it will stay connected in flight (assuming you keep your phone close during flight, like in your pocket).
Guess what. Flew the new firmware today and the RC turned off WIFI and Bluetooth on my Mavic 3 Pro/./

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead