DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using a Raveneye (DJI Image transmitter) and iPad as a wireless directors monitor?

JAM3PC

Reactions
Hi everyone, new Mavic 3 Pro Cine owner here based in the UK. Just wondered if anybody had tried using a DJI Raveneye (also known as the DJI image transmitter) taking a feed from the RC Pro’s HDMI out port, and using that to wirelessly send a video feed to an iPad using the DJI Ronin app. I’m keen to hear about whether this would work, and if so how reliable it would be to use as a wireless directors monitor.
Thanks.

Reactions: TnDronePilot
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Hi everyone, new Mavic 3 Pro Cine owner here based in the UK. Just wondered if anybody had tried using a DJI Raveneye (also known as the DJI image transmitter) taking a feed from the RC Pro’s HDMI out port, and using that to wirelessly send a video feed to an iPad using the DJI Ronin app. I’m keen to hear about whether this would work, and if so how reliable it would be to use as a wireless directors monitor.
Thanks.
Hi! I’ve done this before but instead of a DJI wireless transmitter, I used a wireless transmitter from a company called Hollyview (their app is called Hollyland). I used it for my M2P, and connected it via HDMI to my SC. The app lived on an iPad that I could connect to the transmitters WiFi and watch a live feed directly from the SC. Couple problems with this tho, the feed included all the menus and GUI, not just a simple picture from the camera. There was no touch input from the viewer either, just video. Also, I found that the transmitter may have been interfering with the SC, because I received several disconnect messages during the flight. I bought a really long hdmi cable in an attempt to move it away from me and the SC, but never got around to testing it. But I can confirm it did work, aside from the interference. The device is called the Mars X, by Hollyland. I bought it from Amazon a number of years ago, so I’m sure there has been an update or refresh to Hollylands offerings if you want to check them out.

Hey, thanks for your response - it was very helpful. I ended up buying the Raveneye and upon testing it at home it seems to be working quite well. You can turn the display info off from the HDMI output on the RC Pro so it is a clean feed to the Ipad. I'm yet to test the system while flying, but in my brief tests at home it seems to work well enough. There is of course a slight delay, and occasional interference but I will test it properly when I next get a chance to fly it.

I wasn’t aware there was a setting to turn off data display. Where do you find this under?

Hey, thanks for your response - it was very helpful. I ended up buying the Raveneye and upon testing it at home it seems to be working quite well. You can turn the display info off from the HDMI output on the RC Pro so it is a clean feed to the Ipad. I'm yet to test the system while flying, but in my brief tests at home it seems to work well enough. There is of course a slight delay, and occasional interference but I will test it properly when I next get a chance to fly it.
How's Raveneye still working for you? I'm considering getting it for my Matrice 30T. I want to be able to give my clients something to watch so they're not standing over my shoulder. I've heard the range is somewhere around 5-15 feet from the controller to the tablet or phone.

Even though the M30T RC Plus controller has an HDMI out, the software does not allow any third party apps to be installed and, the only app installed by DJI is Screencast which doesn't play well with my Android tablet.

I use a hdmi wireless sender and receiver
Works fantasticIMG_0635.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne