DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

House of Commons asks an "expert" on drones which parts of the UK are vulnerable to drones

Wow. Its hit new levels of paranoid idiocy.

Id like to think an aircraft carrier with aircraft on deck wont be operating within a few hundred metres (mavic flight range) of anything at all. And if a small mavic sized payload can cause us havoc we'd have no chance in a war (although to be fair, its F35, the things will full apart in a strong wind with no external help).

It wouldnt say much for the electronic countermeasures suite onboard if it doesnt detect and stop a consumer drone launched from 500m away...

I mean i know the F35B is a utterly terrible aircraft with no combat radius at all and because we didn't build a proper carrier have to be close to land so we can use land based tankers but even then i'd hope we're more than a kilometre off the beach!

Reactions: The Editor
Doesn't give you a lot of confidence in the power of the navy if they actually take this as a threat.

I think if my friend flew his 100 plus MPH RC plain into it that would do damage without an explosive charge.

Never any mention of the damage other RC equipment can do, we are victimised.

Reactions: schmooit
What's really scary is that a person who is being relied upon as an expert appears to be so ignorant.

Reactions: pagan1
Why is it only drones that are a threat as Cyborg said I used to fly RC fixed wings and heli's for fun and these granted were harder to fly out of the box but were so much faster and had real fuel in them so were already explosive!

If all we need to is a swarm of drones that are battery operated with a limit on range then our Navy and Army are screwed! This would would mean there is no need for the huge budgets to purchase high tech aircraft when they could just buy a load of drones and weaponize them themselves, Just think if these drones are so dangerous why are we still sending ground troops in we could just send in some drones and save on lives and ammo!

There seems to be far too much hysteria around drones and the threats!

If a Mavic or Phantom or Inspire can fly for say 30 mins (if not returning!) then the distance it can travel given windage is ok on a calm day but factor in some bad weather or rain and his theory is rubbish!

No need for long range ballistic missiles just get a local team to fly some drones at major infrastructure and bomb them, this will be how wars are fought in the future, consumer drones with C4 payloads!

Not sure where I can get C4 from in the UK our local supermarkets dont sell ammunition so I might have to wait until the 5th of November and just get some fireworks!

Reactions: THE CYBORG
They (the MoD) have been very cunning though. To counter the dire threat from consumer drones they have simply removed virtually every Naval target from the planet!

They (the MoD) have been very cunning though. To counter the dire threat from consumer drones they have simply removed virtually every Naval target from the planet!

and the few remaining ones flood every week so take themselves out of service...allegedly.

Maybe we should start a demonstration about demonstrations! and target each individual that attends outside their own property and work (if they work!) to cause maximum disruption to them, one assumes they do use electricity and gas and probably all own an Iphone or Macbook or some apple product and use a car and buy food in plastic packaging! Perhaps before wasting others time maybe they should take a look a themselves! Flying drones is basically using cheap plastic chinese products that came over on a pollution creating ship to keep aircraft in a holding pattern over a major city creating more pollution by not being able to land is counter productive!

Most dont work. You could cause them most discomfort by blocking their favourite vegan coffee shop or seizing their supplies of almond milk.
Interfering with their iPhone would obviously violate their human rights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee