DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Houston TX Mavic Pilots

This is what AirMap is showing for the Houston area.

View attachment 5023

Sent from my LG-H901 using MavicPilots mobile app
There was an issue with the FAA TFR site that day. I called the number listed, and was assured there was no TFR for Houston, but instead an IT related issue.

On another note, I've had my Mavic since Tuesday night, and I've managed a few small flights so far. Hopefully tomorrow morning I can take it out and send it a touch further.

I'm really digging the AirMap digital notification system as well. It's awesome that the Houston Airport System is one of their partners in rolling out that technology.

Anyone flying today on west side of town (blty8 - I10W)?

What time? And is this the open field near Red Robins behind Cinemark theaters?

EDIT: My bad! I was thinking Grandparkway 99 and I-10. Please disregard my post. You're talking about Town & Country area?

Last edited:
I'm going to try to find a place to fly this afternoon. I'm in Pearland. Don't really want to drive all the way to Galveston. Anyone else flying this afternoon?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Anyone flying today on west side of town (blty8 - I10W)?
When and where you going to fly? I live very near Towne and Country, but I'm not ready to fly yet. My unit is registered, my batteries are charged, and I've powered everything up . . . . just long enough for me to realize I need to study and read more . . . . LOL.

But, I'd love to come over if you're gonna fly. Used to be a guy that flies at Bendwood from time to time.

Let me know.

treytexag in Houston

PS: Maybe I'll do some "beginner" flights . . . .

When and where you going to fly? I live very near Towne and Country, but I'm not ready to fly yet. My unit is registered, my batteries are charged, and I've powered everything up . . . . just long enough for me to realize I need to study and read more . . . . LOL.

But, I'd love to come over if you're gonna fly. Used to be a guy that flies at Bendwood from time to time.

Let me know.

treytexag in Houston

PS: Maybe I'll do some "beginner" flights . . . .

We can fly at terry hershey park, where Yorkchester dead ends into park.

Yes, big open field.

OK I'm in.

Sorry -- but here's the kicker. My spouse just informed me my 10-year-old has basketball practice at two and she won't be here - so I'll need to take him over. So is 4 pm too late?

I was hoping to do it earlier when it's nice and bright and the sun is high.

There is a small field behind the gym at the school where basketball practice is - I hadn't thought about trying to fly there until just now.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

OK I'm in.

Sorry -- but here's the kicker. My spouse just informed me my 10-year-old has basketball practice at two and she won't be here - so I'll need to take him over. So is 4 pm too late?

I was hoping to do it earlier when it's nice and bright and the sun is high.

There is a small field behind the gym at the school where basketball practice is - I hadn't thought about trying to fly there until just now.

If it's too late we can hook up another day no worries.

What school is practice? I can meet there, if they have a field. Otherwise 4pm works
School is Northbrook Middle, a long way from my house in Tealwood neighborhood . . . .

Probably better to meet at 4 pm at Hershey, won't have all the 10-year old boys over running around, 'specially since I'm a beginner drone pilot . . . . LOL.

Ok, ill be at terry hershey at 4. End of yorkchester.

It's really hard to find a place in the Houston area that's not within 5 miles of an airport or heliport. There are heliports Everywhere! Terry Hershey Park is more than 5 miles from any airport & is in class G airspace so I'm good with that.

Headed to Terry Hershy now. Be there by 2ish.

Reactions: treytexag
I hooked up with Mystyborn and Astroboy today for some Mavic flying at Hershey - 3 Mavics in our group and I believe we saw another Mavic fly by too . . . .

I'm a total noob and Mystyborn and Astroboy were so friendly and informative. Thank you both for getting me over that "first flight fear".

Wow, what a machine. My Fly More has been in the box since early last week and today was the first time I was able to spin it up. It performs so much better than I expected. I've watched quite a few youtube vids, but they didn't prepare me for just how cool this Mavic Pro is .. . . . . technology is just Wow.

Glad I made the purchase. Looking forward to flying it again soon.

Trey in Houston

PS: BTW, it was a little breezy today - the Mavic was just rock solid . . . .

Reactions: astroboy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3