DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How are the old goggles not FPV?

drone_dh

Reactions
As the title says, I do not understand why the original goggles are not FPV. I thought that was the intent of goggles in the first place, but something else obvious (that I am not seeing) must make a distinction. Anyone?

... I do not understand why the original goggles are not FPV.
Who have told you that they aren't "FPV"?

"FPV" is an abbreviation for "First Person View" ... & might add, in an immersive way. So in this sense all equipment that displays a view that shows what your drone sees & cutting out disturbances in your peripheral vision ... will be called "FPV". Even the live view from the DJI GO4 & FLY app shown in your mobile device can be called "FPV".

DJI have & have had a couple of goggles which gives this "FPV" feeling...

The white "DJI Goggles"
The black "DJI RE Goggles"
The "DJI FPV Goggles V1"
The "DJI FPV Goggles V2"

All these are FPV goggles ... the 2 first is mostly used with photo drones ... the 2 later is intended for Acro/Racing Quads + the DJI FPV drone.

They are not the DJI FPV goggles... this means they won't work with the new (sort of new) DJI FPV Drone system.

They ARE FPV in simplistic terms but they won't work with the DJI FPV unit as it requires the new DIGITAL Goggles.

Yes it's confusing at first but once you have that Ah HA moment it makes sense.

No one really said they weren't, which is why I asked such a silly question, lol. Thanks for the explanation, exactly what I thought - they are all First Person View, but the new ones have jumped onto a newer tech version and market them as FPV (indicating the newer hardware/software).

Reactions: BigAl07

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78