DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How are you changing the ISO on the fly?

R1Mavic

Reactions
With the MP I was able to roll the wheel on the RC. So nice to be able to change it mid flight. How are you all doing it on the MA? I did it all the time on the MP and haven't once on the MA.

Yep agree - the MP is so easy to do with wheel.
Only (easiest) way with the MA is to program either the front function button or the rear customizable button to switch to camera settings. Then you can change the settings on your phone/tablet screen.

That's what I have been doing and it sucks. Mainly because I have to stop the filming to now focus on getting to settings, adjusting and going back to filming. Being honest, after several days of using this drone, I am starting to wonder why I paid $1000 for it.

I've only flown my MA a few times so maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure why you've got to stop filming. Ive got mine set to the customizable button on the back of the RC. When I press it during filming the camera setting screen appears on the right of the main screen and I change the EV setting by touching the + or - . This then auto changes the ISO.
Guess its not as easy as the MP but I don't find it too much of a hassle. I suppose DJI where looking at trying to keep costs down (or profits up - hahaha) by not having a screen and second wheel on the RC.
Please let me know if Ive got it wrong. - Cheers

I've only flown my MA a few times so maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure why you've got to stop filming. Ive got mine set to the customizable button on the back of the RC. When I press it during filming the camera setting screen appears on the right of the main screen and I change the EV setting by touching the + or - . This then auto changes the ISO.
Guess its not as easy as the MP but I don't find it too much of a hassle. I suppose DJI where looking at trying to keep costs down (or profits up - hahaha) by not having a screen and second wheel on the RC.
Please let me know if Ive got it wrong. - Cheers
It's a problem for me because I have to take my thumb off the right stick to make the ISO change. Say you're going forward and turning to get a shot. I have to stop the turn to make the change. On the MP, you just use index finger to make adjustments while thumbs stay in the sticks.
I'm open to suggestions if I'm doing something wrong.

Now I see what the issue is for you. Hmmm - no way around it I don’t think other than growing a third hand [emoji23]
Seriously though, I think the MP overall is a better set up.
Almost wish now that I’d saved my $$ for the apparent Mavic 2 that is rumoured to be coming out.

It's a problem for me because I have to take my thumb off the right stick to make the ISO change. Say you're going forward and turning to get a shot. I have to stop the turn to make the change. On the MP, you just use index finger to make adjustments while thumbs stay in the sticks.
I'm open to suggestions if I'm doing something wrong.
You change ISO during a turn? Won't the footage look awful or do you edit/cur the clips. I'm confused

Reactions: NickB
Yep, ^^^ that doesn't make sense to me either. Please explain? If your doing it during a turn, your a far better pilot then I am.

I don't know that it has to make sense to anyone else how I operate. I was changing it on the fly in this video I made. It's choppy, but the MP was my first drone and this was one of my first attempts flying and editing clips.

You know what, you’re right. I was just curious and hoping to learn a technique that maybe I wasn’t aware of.

I don't know that it has to make sense to anyone else how I operate. I was changing it on the fly in this video I made. It's choppy, but the MP was my first drone and this was one of my first attempts flying and editing clips.

I don't see in the video where you are changing ISO mid flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman