DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how big can this hobby get

This is an example how big the hobby can get :)

This is an example how big the hobby can get :)

Here is the link for EN info:

(a joke we made with couple of my friends few years ago...) :)

Last edited:
? Ha! Yeah, I keep telling myself and posted I intend to wait for the MP3.

However, I do go back and forth. I am now afraid I will be posting in the next couple months “Hey everyone, I just added a MA 2 to my fleet”.

IF that occurs, I may pass on the SC. I really love the Mini controller so I know I’d love the default MA2 controller. The only thing I don’t like is that it can be a bit difficult to see the video feed on my iPhone 12 screen in bright sunlight, even with the shade and the brightness turned up. Not sure of the SC screen would be an improvement in visibility over an iPhone or not. But if they add SC support for the Mini 2 so I can switch a single controller for both drones.... ?
Some one needs to bring out a phone with a better screen for droning to use with the Mini/MA2 controller.

Some one needs to bring out a phone with a better screen for droning to use with the Mini/MA2 controller.
I think I saw the galaxy note 20 ultra is 1600 nits. And with the size and clarity of it you can't go wrong. I only have the Note10+ but that's plenty good for me when I don't feel like cracking out the tablet and holder

Reactions: Cobber
Ma2 flymore.. nd filters, extra batteries, anamorphic lenses fast charger.. then minis went on sale on amazon.. 2 for the boys.. cases.. skins..etc.. sent my ma2 for a warranty issue.. really bummed while its been gone.. found a phantom 4 advanced.. got some extra batteries.. nd filters.. backpack.. fast charger, extra props.. litchi app.. pretty close to a stopping point.. just have to find a tablet and mounts lol.. my wife hates me

Last edited:
Oh yea.. and im looking for some deals on ssd or hdd for more storage.. maybe a docking station.. or a portable ssd with sd reader..

The real question is: how many drones and how much drone gear can I acquire and not end up divorced?

It helps to have a man cave or home office that is so visually noisy that you can add to the chaos and she never knows the difference. It also helps to have a paypal slush fund to fuel the addiction. And, of course, you compensate her by being the best husband ever, doing more than your share of chores, and giving her lots of little gifts all of the time.

Happy wife, happy life.

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
I see myself posting an identical message within a year. I just started this hobby with the Mini 2 fly more combo last month. I’ve studied and passed my part 107 (I’m US based) and flown weekly. Purchased a landing pad, which I no longer use since I switched to hand launch/capture, ND/PL filters, prop guards, phone shade for the controller, iPad holder, and fireproof battery case.

Lately, I have caught myself browsing online shops for Mavic Air 2 fly more packages, primarily for the ability for HDR, flat color profile, focus track, and my perception it will be slightly more robust in winds. Although the Mini 2 handles winds far better than I expected it to.

I’ve so far resisted adding to my fleet though. I most likely will wait for the Mavic 3 and will then buy yet another slew of accessories. Want to fully use the Mini for awhile before I purchase a sibling rival.
"Lately, I have caught myself browsing..." Yes. That's how it begins. ?

Reactions: Barbara and halifax
I think I saw the galaxy note 20 ultra is 1600 nits. And with the size and clarity of it you can't go wrong. I only have the Note10+ but that's plenty good for me when I don't feel like cracking out the tablet and holder
Can the 20 ultra be attached to the MA2 controller ok?

Can the 20 ultra be attached to the MA2 controller ok?
I think that would depend on what case you're using. For my note10+ I have a rugged supcase and it just barely fits but with no case at all its fine. I just checked to my daughters note 20 ultra with Supcase UB Pro and it's tight but will fit. If you go with a gel, or naked, you're going to be fine. FYI Otterboxes are usually thicker than supcases.

I think that would depend on what case you're using. For my note10+ I have a rugged supcase and it just barely fits but with no case at all its fine. I just checked to my daughters note 20 ultra with Supcase UB Pro and it's tight but will fit. If you go with a gel, or naked, you're going to be fine. FYI Otterboxes are usually thicker than supcases.
And there is no problem mounting the Note 20 Ultra on the RC aerials?

And there is no problem mounting the Note 20 Ultra on the RC aerials?
Like I said it's a tight fit. You have to put the bottom edge in first then push the top in. Your mileage may vary based on your case of choice but bare naked you'll have no problems and I suspect most gel cases would be the same.

Thanks so much for that info.
No problem. If I had other cases to compare against for you I would. I just happen to prefer the Supcase UB because it offers similar protection as the otterbox but at a third of the price. And RCStyle makes a tablet clamp for the MA2 and Mini2 controller that officially can handle a 10 inch tablet but I fit a 10.4( galaxy tab s6 lite) in with about a half inch of clearance if you wanted to upgrade to a tablet. Its not a full mount where you can angle things just right but merely an extension clip.

Reactions: Cobber
It all started off innocent enough . Bought the Mavic air 2 fly more combo. Came with a nice leather effect case that could take the 3 batteries ,the Drone , the controller ,spare propellers, the ND filters and spare sd cards . That was fine until I added a pair of strobe lights and another spare battery. Suddenly the nice leather effect case that could take the 4 batteries ,the Drone , the controller ,spare propellers , the ND filters and spare sd cards and strobe lights was becoming cramped , and things were getting hard to pull in and out. So I invested in a hard case with foam cut outs to take the 4 batteries ,the Drone , the controller ,spare propellers, the ND filters and spare sd cards ,and strobe lights. But then came the tablet I bought at Christmas for flying the drone. And as you know its not just the tablet , the tablet needs the collapsible tablet mount and the sunshade and the extra long usb cable. So now the hard case with foam cut outs to take the 4 batteries ,the Drone , the controller ,spare propellers, the ND filters, spare sd cards ,strobe lights , tablet with tablet mount and sunshade and extra long cable is stuffed , and i have to sit on it to close it. Sound familiar ?
Sounds like the twelve days of Christmas Lol.

After almost 2 years of flying, the cost of my M2P is about 6000 US $,
but the last 6 months of flying has not cost a penny, the daily flying has clearly had a positive effect on my flying ability and that I have the necessary accessories.

I think that DJI's propellers have become significantly more rugged, have not had a jammed propeller hub for a long time. Nowadays flies more often with DJis propellers than with MAS.

Yep, it's a serious addiction (G.A.S.). All started with a toy drone bought on a whim.... then, a Spark, M2Z and all the extras have happened with nary a second thought it seems.

Should have been forewarned, after all as a biker we have been subject to the same syndrome. That's why we have 5 motorcycles in the garage, from dirt to serious touring, along with all the requisite riding gear, (I think I own at least 4 helmets), not to mention the BT intercoms, GPS, etc....

It's a good thing the two of us share our interests and enable each other. Usually starts with, I've been reading about....

Reactions: TTP
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11