DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How can I "lock on" the Mavic Air Camera to a stationary subject -like my home?

lakeflyer

Reactions
I want to lock the camera onto my stationary home and fly simple manuevers while the camera is locked onto my home. -like flying back and away while gaining altitude and have the camera automatically "Slew" onto the front of my home -so I dont need to use the Gimbal Wheel. Or other simple, limited manuevers just to keep the camera pointed on a stationary ground target. I'm on my sixth flight, but have yet to experiment with the Mavic Air Tracking features. Can it do this? Which tracking feature do I need to employ? -Thanks everybody.

I want to lock the camera onto my stationary home and fly simple manuevers while the camera is locked onto my home. -like flying back and away while gaining altitude and have the camera automatically "Slew" onto the front of my home -so I dont need to use the Gimbal Wheel. Or other simple, limited manuevers just to keep the camera pointed on a stationary ground target. I'm on my sixth flight, but have yet to experiment with the Mavic Air Tracking features. Can it do this? Which tracking feature do I need to employ? -Thanks everybody.
You can do this with active track spotlight, waypoint POI, or even quick shots which will fly for you too.

POI !! I was just in the Intelligent Flight Modes and automatically computed POI must be what Im after! Thanks!!

I got a message stating "intelligent flight modes are disabled in attitude mode". Somehow I disabled this, and was able to enter Intelligent Flight Modes.

Just so I know: Why did I see the message "intelligent flight modes are disabled in attitude mode" in the first place and how do I enable/disable it. ??

Thanks again!!!

I got a message stating "intelligent flight modes are disabled in attitude mode". Somehow I disabled this, and was able to enter Intelligent Flight Modes.

Just so I know: Why did I see the message "intelligent flight modes are disabled in attitude mode" in the first place and how do I enable/disable it. ??

Thanks again!!!
The drone will only go into Atti mode, with no GPS.
So if you were testing this out in your front room, that is why!
Outside, with sufficient GPS Health, you should be fine.
(Beginner mode will also disable IFM's)

PS... Is "Point of Interest" intented for Circling targets? Please, confirm, Im looking for a mode that lets me have just the Camera Locked on to a target, while I fly as I wish. Simple things like backing way, backing away to the right....etc.... Moving forward to the right....etc... I am shooting stationary buildings.

The drone will only go into Atti mode, with no GPS.
So if you were testing this out in your front room, that is why!
Outside, with sufficient GPS Health, you should be fine.
(Beginner mode will also disable IFM's)

Copy that. Thanks.

Yes, but since you can adjust the size of the circle with the stick that kinda works too. Otherwise use Active Track Spotlight then (if available on MA, don't remember)

@lakeflyer

This might give you a better understanding of all the intelligent flight modes on the MA?

Plus it explains POI for you.

ActiveTrack Spotlight is what you need. Or just draw a box in any Active Track/Quickshot mode and don't press GO, just fly around.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143