DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How can I save manual focus at infinity so it won't be lost with a reboot of the M2 Pro drone?

joeruby

Reactions
How can I save manual focus at infinity so it won't be lost with a reboot of the M2 Pro drone? With Litchi I can (Calibrate Lens) calibrate my infinity focus in the air on a distance object, and I get a say 17 on the manual focus strip, and the distance focus is good. But then I cycle power on the AC, RC and Litchi App and the manual focus comes back up at say 23, not 17. How do I save the 17 which is a better infinity focus?

How can I save manual focus at infinity so it won't be lost with a reboot of the M2 Pro drone? With Litchi I can (Calibrate Lens) calibrate my infinity focus in the air on a distance object, and I get a say 17 on the manual focus strip, and the distance focus is good. But then I cycle power on the AC, RC and Litchi App and the manual focus comes back up at say 23, not 17. How do I save the 17 which is a better infinity focus?
Here is an answer from Litchi I just received:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Litchi Support (VC Technology Ltd)

1 Sep 2020, 19:34 BST

Hi,

To set the focus to Infinity (everything in focus), switch to Manual focus mode then tap on the Infinity (∞) button. Alternatively you can use the custom function "Focus to Infinity". Before using Infinity focus for the first time, it is recommended to calibrate the lens. Tap on "Calibrate Lens" in the camera settings then follow the steps on-screen.

The infinity focus setting is saved in Litchi's app memory as we can not override the drone's default focus value. When you start the drone, the focus value is reset to 23 which is DJI's default. Litchi does not set to infinity when you connect to the drone currently but we will change that in the next update.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked into retaining the focus after a reset on my MPP, never figured it out. Don't think it's possible, it's now a step in my process during aerial mapping and after a battery swap.

cadbob and
ChrisOutdoors

Please see post #2 above, and the response I received back from Litchi. Litchi said that, in the next update, they will save the value you get from the ("calibrate Lens" at infinity)(scroll down in the "camera setting menu" to find this "Calibrate Lens" near the bottom), and then Litchi will store this value and send this value to the camera on power-up of the Litchi App. This will be a help - in MF this will be one less thing to remember on take off. Thanks Litchi. Don't forget. I find that manual focus MF at infinity works most of the time for me. Especially if I occasionally "calibrate Lens" while in the air on a distant contrasty object.

Thanks Litchi for a fantastic App. I always fly with Litchi. I mostly fly missions planned using the Litchi Hub on my computer.

I don’t fuss with it... to get infinity I just tap an open area of sky on my CS screen to get focus at infinity.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure