DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How did you put the registration numbers on your drone?

Magic Marker on a blade

P-Touch from Office Depot - about $20 including batteries & tape:

View attachment 81553 Useful for a variety of other labeling jobs - nice to have.

... and on my Phantom:
View attachment 81554

I also have them on my Mavic (no photo).
Notice also; a phone number in case found. I've never lost one yet, but......

I also used a P-touch labelmaker. They are cheap and useful for so many other things, including labeling the myriad of different cables, and storage boxes etc etc

I have a question. If someone has the same drone as you do and uses your registration number and crashes the owner of that registration number will get blamed. So is it a good idea to let people know your registration number.

You have your flight logs to fall back on . Use mine they are posted here and do something bad with your M2P and see if it comes back on me . So I say it really don't matter .
I might be contacted but could prove easy enough it wasn't me . :)

Reactions: Thomas B
As an example this is where I install OUR FAA DECALS on our drones. We now also include 2 even smaller decals in the set to fit the smaller drones like the Mavic Air and Spark, a total of 10 in the set and lots of color options.
View attachment 81490View attachment 81491View attachment 81492View attachment 81493View attachment 81494View attachment 81495View attachment 81496
Those look great and are exactly what I’m looking for seeing as how I have a skin on my drone and didn’t want to ruin the look. It’s an Iron Man Skin and the yellow will probably look perfect on it

Reactions: Aerial-Pixel
You have your flight logs to fall back on . Use mine they are posted here and do something bad with your M2P and see if it comes back on me . So I say it really don't matter .
I might be contacted but could prove easy enough it wasn't me . :)
Thanks Dirkclod for the reply.
I wouldn’t want the FAA contacting me if I didn’t crash my drone.

Reactions: dirkclod
Print out a column of your FCC # in font size 10
Cut one out, cover it with Scotch tape
Stick it in the most inconspicuous outside spot on your drone
You're done
:)

I have a question. If someone has the same drone as you do and uses your registration number and crashes the owner of that registration number will get blamed. So is it a good idea to let people know your registration number.
It shouldn't matter, they would have to know your serial number too. The FAA number is tied to the serial number of the aircraft. Similar to how a VIN number and License Plate are linked together.

I make these vinyl decals. They are high quality, weatherproof, and you can pick the color and size(s) you'd like.

View attachment 81475
View attachment 81476
View attachment 81477
I bought these and can vouch that they look sexy on my bird. I wanted something hi speed, low drag, that didn’t make my bird look like a freakin nascar with a huge sticker on it. These were perfect. I got the silver color and it darn near matches the color of the M2s. And since you get like 8 in your order, there’s plenty for your future UAV purchases.

Any thoughts on offering the “if found” decals?

Reactions: msinger
It shouldn't matter, they would have to know your serial number too. The FAA number is tied to the serial number of the aircraft. Similar to how a VIN number and License Plate are linked together.
Not for a recreational UAV.

The Irish Air Authority supply registered owners with a decal which must be displayed on the drone. It's a security sticker which cannot be peeled off without destroying it thus making it obvious if someone has been trying to tamper with it. I imagine it might be a minor deterrent to potential thieves, not that many criminals are noted for their brains. I'm not sure where I'm going to place my UK sticker when registration becomes law shortly :confused:

A white Sharpie for FAA# & cell number. If you go to sell it, WD-40 will remove the white Sharpie...

Received my registration numbers 4 days after placing my order and they look amazing! Great service and product. I have a wetsuit on my Mavic 2 and there is very little open landscape I ended up mounting the next to the smallest numbers just under my battery on both sides. FAA numbers.jpg

Received my registration numbers 4 days after placing my order and they look amazing! Great service and product. I have a wetsuit on my Mavic 2 and there is very little open landscape I ended up mounting the next to the smallest numbers just under my battery on both sides. View attachment 82029
Looks Good! Glad you like them!

Reactions: Harleykidd
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev