DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How difficult is it to replace Mavic rear arm?

I appreciate all the great advice here.
Thunderdrone
Is it possible to find and replace only the plastic housing without replacing the little drum metal that is screwed on Tokyo the arm?
Second, do I need to replace the entire bottom part of the body housing because the ear where the screw that wholes the arm broke?
Thanks again for your help.

Hi, I did the same thing. Minor tree collision and rear arm pivot broke inside of drone. Bought new arm from eBay complete, watched half a dozen you tube videos of people replacing their rear arms on the Mavic and followed those instructions. One thing i did was not to unsolder the wires from the circuit board, but cut the wires about an inch away from the circuit board and solder the arm wires to those original short wires. I slide heat shrink over the joints to insulate. Took about 30 minutes to strip Mavic and replace arm and reassemble. Works like new. Good luck with your arm replacement.

FYI, The thread where we discussed the repair is called "Lead free solder" I can't figure out how to link it here, but there are some pics of my repair there if you are interested.
I need to get a right front and rear arm for a mavic air. Where did you get your replacement?

Hi all,

I crashed my mavic air on to a tree and the left back arm is broken from the join.
Please find the attached image.
WhatsApp Image 2018-09-15 at 2.47.23 PM(1).jpeg

Is it possible to repair? Your help is much appriciated..

Thanks!

Reactions: Former Member
Thanks for the reply. Seems like the ring at the joint of the arm has been cracked.
Where can I buy such a one? Can you please share a link?
Is I were you, I would take everything apart and then take pictures of what is damaged. I can tell you what you might need by looking at a picture of what is broken

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian