DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How discharge batteries for mavic pro?

I'm going to Hawaii in 3 weeks and plan on discharging them before I leave. I just bought the USB adapter so I can charge my mobile devices to discharge the battery the day before if I need to but plugging in a USB fan is a great idea, didn't think about that.

Side question on the subject of batteries....I'm planning to bring a couple external battery packs to keep in our backpacks in-case we need juice for our phones/tablets at the airport or on the plane. Are those safe to bring on board even if their fully charged?

Side question on the subject of batteries....I'm planning to bring a couple external battery packs to keep in our backpacks in-case we need juice for our phones/tablets at the airport or on the plane. Are those safe to bring on board even if their fully charged?
Yes. You can even keep your Mavic batteries fully charged if you want to.

Here are two to airline regulations (slightly Australian flavour):
Virgin Australia
IATA
Civil Aviation Safety Authority (featuring a battery catching fire on an airplane and instructions how to secure terminals)
Pack Safe

Important Part:
  • In equipment – Securely installed in the device and the device is protected against inadvertent activation – e.g. An On/Off switch that is suitably protected and cannot be accidentally turned on.
  • Spare or loose batteries - Are those batteries not installed in the device, carried separately or items such as power banks/packs designed to power or back-up another device. Spare batteries must be in carry-on baggage only and must be protected against short circuit by, placing in its original retail packaging, placing each battery in a separate plastic bag or protective pouch or insulating terminals by taping over exposed terminals.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada