DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I charge the battery without the hub?

Exactly. DJI is becoming so cheap. They are giving you a stupid controller that comes with a $400 mini drone and forcing you to buy the smart controller and now this hidden thing. Forcing you to buy the charging hub for no reason or even pushing you to think fly more combo is good. If the fly more combo came without the bag for $300 lesser I would absolutely take it 😅

Hopefully something soon

Even without the $300 bag, fly more combo is still a bad deal, because the ND filter set included in the combo is of poor quality - it is not completely color neutral, will add a color tint to your image. You should buy quality ND filters from PorlarPro instead.

Car charger is same issue. You will need to charge in drone or hub. No direct connection. Also you can get a 12 volt with 65watt or greater for about $50 cheaper then the DJI one.

Car charger is same issue. You will need to charge in drone or hub. No direct connection. Also you can get a 12 volt with 65watt or greater for about $50 cheaper then the DJI one.
Exactly my problem. None of the chargers have a way to directly connect to the battery

Exactly my problem. None of the chargers have a way to directly connect to the battery
I"m sure there will be a plethora of accessories including the multi charger which I always like because of simoultaneous charging..Just have to wait a bit for it to be made.

Reactions: jonatious
problem though with how you want to charge the battery is you will kill them, surprised no one as of yet mentioned that.

if i read right you want to fly then land remove #1 batt and throw right on the charger while you fly with #2 batt, then when that low throw it right onto the charger and get back into the air with #1.

yea the batteries need a cool down period after flight before you charge them back up other wise if hot you will greatly shorten the life span

problem though with how you want to charge the battery is you will kill them, surprised no one as of yet mentioned that.

if i read right you want to fly then land remove #1 batt and throw right on the charger while you fly with #2 batt, then when that low throw it right onto the charger and get back into the air with #1.

yea the batteries need a cool down period after flight before you charge them back up other wise if hot you will greatly shorten the life span
I guess the idea here is to not keep the batteries hot continuously. Will keep that in mind

I believe you can't charge a hot battery. At least not on previous DJI drones.

Yes, it is bizarre that no single battery connector came attached to the included charger, unlike every other DJI drone, which then uses the single battery charger to attach to the hub with multiple battery connectors. In this case, the charger's USB C output plugs into the hub to charge 3 batteries, instead of the drone to charge only one. Makes life difficult without the hub, even if you have only two batteries! Can't charge one, while flying with the other! Hub is also backordered everywhere, unless you buy the overpriced Combo Kit, with $500 of additional junk!

Yes, it is bizarre that no single battery connector came attached to the included charger, unlike every other DJI drone, which then uses the single battery charger to attach to the hub with multiple battery connectors. In this case, the charger's USB C output plugs into the hub to charge 3 batteries, instead of the drone to charge only one. Makes life difficult without the hub, even if you have only two batteries! Can't charge one, while flying with the other! Hub is also backordered everywhere, unless you buy the overpriced Combo Kit, with $500 of additional junk!

I had charger in "notify me" and it got notification that it's in stock - so they are coming in & out.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Exactly! I’m just going to wait for a 3rd party hub or a usb C to battery connector. The power source adapter is what should matter to be original and I will continue to use the DJI power brick with a 3rd party hub I guess

Exactly! I’m just going to wait for a 3rd party hub or a usb C to battery connector. The power source adapter is what should matter to be original and I will continue to use the DJI power brick with a 3rd party hub I guess

I don't think power brick matters. It's job to provide power per whatever charging controller requests. Now I am not sure if charge controller is part of smart battery or if it part of charge hub.

I don't think power brick matters. It's job to provide power per whatever charging controller requests. Now I am not sure if charge controller is part of smart battery or if it part of charge hub.
I mean for people who prefer to use original power source the brick is what mainly matters. I think the charging hub is just to convert USB C to 3 battery ports with a system that can monitor and charge one battery at a time

These are, IMHO, the best chargers:

Once that becomes available for the M3, that is what I will buy.

It is about the same price as the DJI charger and better in every way except I suppose physical size.

It will charge up to 4 batteries simultaneously, has a discharge function, and a proper storage charge function with a balance charge. I can understand the lack of a discharge function as that generates significant heat that needs to be dealt with, but why DJI doesn't at least offer a storage charge function on their charger is beyond me and the reason I will never buy one.

These are, IMHO, the best chargers:

Once that becomes available for the M3, that is what I will buy.

It is about the same price as the DJI charger and better in every way except I suppose physical size.

It will charge up to 4 batteries simultaneously, has a discharge function, and a proper storage charge function with a balance charge. I can understand the lack of a discharge function as that generates significant heat that needs to be dealt with, but why DJI doesn't at least offer a storage charge function on their charger is beyond me and the reason I will never buy one.
That's great design. Car charging may take a while.
Mavic 3 seems to take 85w charging with 65w advertised. Currently there are very limited options for car plug even at 65w and these I looked had a few reports of melting\smoking\catching fire. So even 2 simultaneous charging batteries at 65w charging from car is something I don't think anyone done before

Reactions: CanadaDrone
That's great design. Car charging may take a while.
Mavic 3 seems to take 85w charging with 65w advertised. Currently there are very limited options for car plug even at 65w and these I looked had a few reports of melting\smoking\catching fire. So even 2 simultaneous charging batteries at 65w charging from car is something I don't think anyone done before
There is no point in charging multiple batteries in parallel with a 65W charger. It just makes it worse that it needs time for all batteries as if they were charged in sequence and none of the batteries usable until then

There is no point in charging multiple batteries in parallel with a 65W charger. It just makes it worse that it needs time for all batteries as if they were charged in sequence and none of the batteries usable until then

I was hoping for 65W charging in parallel to each battery. I.e. Two USB-C plugs supplying 65w each to two separate batteries. This way you can fly one and charge 2 - giving you almost endless supply of batteries

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60