DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I turn off obstacle avoidance?!?

Supguy

Reactions
So I just got my new 2s, for some reason obstacle avoidance won't shut off, cine, normal or sport mode, super annoying as I need it off to land!!

• Wow
Reactions: tlswift58
The bottom OA is what helps in landing the aircraft.

Why turn it off?

I think the LITCHI app has the ability to turn the sensors off, but it's not compatible with the MA2 or 2s yet.

Having it off is preferable for hand catching & flying over water.

Having it off is preferable for hand catching & flying over water.

I haven't had a problem with hand launch / land but I can see the benefit of it having it OFF over the water if you want to get low to the surface.

Silly aircraft does want take a closer look of the water at times when trying to hover.

Good thing I have a Rescue Jacket just in case. ?

Reactions: Squidinc
So I just got my new 2s, for some reason obstacle avoidance won't shut off, cine, normal or sport mode, super annoying as I need it off to land!!
OA is off in Sport mode by design. I think you would regret turning it off, as if your landing spot is that precarious; would not where you fly be just as bad. OA has saved the drone on many occasions on my Air2.

Yet it is your drone.

Reactions: rickfmdj
Ok all, thanks for the replies, so yes it's so I can hand catch it, it was easy to turn off on the Mavic air, no the case with the 2s, I go to sport mode this morning and all is good, I'm able to take off and land from my hand, FYI I only do it when I absolutely have too,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom