DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do these guys fly DJI in London?

Lightsped

Reactions
Seen numerous vids of drones being piloted from kids that climb various cranes and buildings in London.

How are they able to pilot their DJI drones? I thought London was a no-fly zone, and if you attempt to take off in a no-fly zone the drone simply will not get off the ground.

An example video is shown below:

Obviously they don't have GEO active on their DJI products. Either that or they managed to convince DJI they were authorised and obtained an unlock.

Why would they obey if they were flying with a DJI, it could be hacked and it's not like they are doing something legal to start with .
Be like a bank robber only doing the speed limit leaving a bank he just hit .
Them guys still have something left in them that left me Many years back.
That and they just adrenaline freaks .

Reactions: Simmo
Truer words never spoken bud!
Might not be a DJI, and balls of steel....

Yes, they are using DJI Mavic. I was just curious how they can fly all over London. What is Geo? How is that enabled or disabled?

I've recently flown in Downtown Singapore which is a NFZ and had no issue at all taking off or flying for 30 mins +. Warning came up and just hit acknowledge to being in a NFZ, height was also limited but got to 300ft. Some serious inconsistencies.

Same happened in Hong Kong.

Seen numerous vids of drones being piloted from kids that climb various cranes and buildings in London.

How are they able to pilot their DJI drones? I thought London was a no-fly zone, and if you attempt to take off in a no-fly zone the drone simply will not get off the ground.

An example video is shown below:
These idiots are flying in EG R159 which is restricted airspace from SFC to 1400ft. When they get caught (assuming they don’t die from falling first) they will throw the book at them and hopefully do some time on holiday courtesy of Her Majesty the Queen....

EG R159 - SFC/1400 -
Flight permitted by: any aircraft in the service of the Chief Officer of Police for the Metropolitan Police District; any aircraft flying in accordance with a Special Flight Notification issued by the appropriate ATC unit; any helicopter flying on Helicopter Route H4; any aircraft flying in accordance with an Enhanced Non-Standard Flight clearance issued by the appropriate ATC unit; any aircraft approaching to, or departing from, London/City Airport. See also ENR 1.1.4 para 1.6.
SI 2091 /2004.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada