DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you pack your FMC bag?

scro

Reactions
Mini 3 with DJI RC owners with the FMC bag, how do you pack yours? I'd like to work out a sensible way to get the drone, battery bank and controller in with the sticks on all packed in neatly. Any tips?

@scro ,unfortunately is not possible to get the RC in with out removing the sticks
here are a couple of pics first with the standard package ,and then with my 4th battery and neck strap ,the spare props and screwdriver plus the spare sticks i have go in the zipped pocket in the lid( ignore the date stamp i used my old camera FHD0004.JPGFHD0010.JPG

@Lister ,it may be silly to you fellow flier ,but thats just your opinion,which you are entitled to of course ,and if you dont want to remove the sticks for transport ,then just get another case ,i was simply trying to answer the the OPs question

I got stuff to easily fit with sticks on if I dispensed with the multi battery charger, and stuck the batteries in loose. However, it would be nice to have the charger bank in the bag.

I 3D printed a stick guard so I can leave the sticks on. Also added a rubber mat to also protect the DJI RC screen.
I use a small card box to help contain the 2 batteries and the third is in the Mini 3 Pro. I keep the charger bank and power brick at home or in another bag if flying more than three batteries.

I 3D printed a Lanyard bracket that can stay on with the strap in the bag. To record audio with my screen recording, there's room in the bag above the batteries for a USB mic which I plug in the USB-C port.

Spare props and screwdriver along with a spare SD card go in the upper zipped pouch and there's some room in the front pouch although it's too tight in my opinion.

FlyMore_1052.jpg FlyMore_1051.jpg

Reactions: scro
When I go to fly I have to travel some distance. I have found, more than once, up arriving where I am going to fly, the sticks had unscrewed due to vibrations and such and almost lost one - twice. Now I do in fact unscrew them every time. I don't find the DJI carrying case to be helpful to me. I never use it as a backpack so I have bought hard cases that I can pop open in my backseat and put thing in and take things out much more easily.

Reactions: scro
I usually do my flying while out hiking or biking so very seldom end up flying from or near my car. Having everything I need in a lightweight easy to carry bag or case is important for me. These heavy duty hard cases typically don't work for me, but everyone has their own preferences/needs, and I can see they would be ideal for some folk.

There are various camera shoulder bags and gadget shoulder bags that can be obtained and used for drone items. I have an old REI shoulder/gadget bag that works as a drone bag. My recommendation, to get the best fit, is to go into a camera store or store with gadget bags and bring all your drone accessories and test fit everything on the premises.

@Lister ,it may be silly to you fellow flier ,but thats just your opinion,which you are entitled to of course ,and if you dont want to remove the sticks for transport ,then just get another case ,i was simply trying to answer the the OPs question
Which is exactly what I did for my Mini 2 after I lost one in the snow the second day out.

Given the increased difficulties reported by other Mini 3 owners with the new, redesigned sticks, I think my opinion of DJI's bag is validated. YMMV

I think ive found it... This arrangement seems to work quite well. It all fits and isn't too tight anywhere.

Attachments

• 20220725_094312.jpg
    20220725_094312.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Reactions: EyesWideShut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members