DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommendations..

Hallstar

Reactions
I have recently received my new M3P and am greatly impressed with it!

I have the FMC and have purchased a Skyreat screen protector, Prop Holder and ND filters (6 pack)

I am now looking for honest recommendations for the following items:

- Carry case
- Landing gear
- Neck strap for RC
- Landing pad

The DJI bag offered with the FMC doesn’t cut it for me.

I’m looking for a flat and slimline case to hold and protect my kit, yet not so bulky that I can’t stow it in my daysack along with GoPro kit, water bottle and jacket etc.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated..

TIA

Carry case, loads of options, try finding an adaptable case with a hard lid, LowePro make many smaller sizes, you can tailor compartments for your kit.

Landing gear / neck strap.
This post . . . My two favorite accessories so far . . . had 2 options, like them both, watch the links, someone looking in the UK diverted elsewhere, you might have to search if you can't get the right page.
The leg extension platform looks good as it's one piece, and could be useful if you get into small strobes to help with VLOS.

Landing pad.
I've never had one, but some trips in the past I've taken a thin ply board, if I know the ground will be sandy, or bush leaf little etc.
Mind you, I just hand launch / catch 99% of the time now anyway.
Another option that probably already exists in your vehicle . . . a car floor mat, carpet or thin rubber is pretty good if close to the car, or roll up and carry short way to site.

Reactions: Hallstar

I have the FMC and have purchased a Skyreat screen protector, Prop Holder and ND filters (6 pack)

- Carry case
- Landing gear
- Neck strap for RC
- Landing pad

I’m looking for a flat and slimline case to hold and protect my kit, yet not so bulky that I can’t stow it in my daysack along with GoPro kit, water bottle and jacket etc.

TIA
If you're planning to use a landing pad, why would you need landing gear?

If you're planning to use a landing pad, why would you need landing gear?
Landing pads (cloth type) often get blown away. I use landing gear with my Mav 3. Reason? I fly in windy winter conditions and have come to land more than once with my landing pad blown away as it lies on the snow that can't be pegged down so landing gear keeps it off the snow. I'm going to get landing gear for my Mini 3 (which I may have to return) for similar reasons in spite of normally using a landing pad or landing on my car hood :).

- Carry case
- Landing gear
- Neck strap for RC
- Landing pad

TIA
Personally, I have all of those accessories but I think the only thing I use is the carry case. Landing gear, landing pad, and neck strap never get used.
Hope this helps!

Landing pads (cloth type) often get blown away. I use landing gear with my Mav 3. Reason? I fly in windy winter conditions and have come to land more than once with my landing pad blown away as it lies on the snow that can't be pegged down so landing gear keeps it off the snow. I'm going to get landing gear for my Mini 3 (which I may have to return) for similar reasons in spite of normally using a landing pad or landing on my car hood :).
I've not thought landing pads were generally needed; I'm able to find a clean hard surface or hand launch and catch over sand or tall grass and such. But, with the Mavic 3, I find myself thinking that a landing pad might be a good idea, but not cloth. Maybe a 20" or so diameter piece of 1/4" plywood. If I cut it into halves and added a couple of small hinges it would fit in Linda's camera backpack.

Snow? I've seen it, but I can't even imagine it right now. I've just come in from trimming palm trees and sweating in 89 F/81% RH and bright sun and I'm about three quarts low. I may go back and look at your recent glacier photos to help cool down.

Thanks all.

I have ended up with a Skyreat case, which arrived today and makes accessing the AC and kit a lot easier.. and with some precision flying, it will double as a landing pad!

I ordered the Startrc landing gear but found them to be very low and not really offer any benefit. Also felt flimsy and didn’t instil confidence in the way it installed and held onto the AC.

I returned and replaced with this set from Honbobo which I am very pleased with. It secures well and gives good ground clearance.

Following recommendation offered in earlier reply to this thread, I found a piece of rubber mat that I previously used in load space of a work van, I have cut a square that will fit nicely into my daysack. It’s quite heavy-duty stuff and should do the trick when out and about.

I am awaiting some M4 male eye loop bolts for the RC, of which I will use the shoulder strap from the Skyreat case to hold the RC.

All-in-all, I am very pleased with my setup and am enjoying flying it and getting used to the controls and navigating from screen as much as VLOS.

Thanks again to all those who replied.

Happy to receive any future recommendations though.. there is often something new or not considered! (My missus and bank manager hate me!!)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143