DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you stitch photos from a panorama together on Mavic Pro 2?

outdoors

Reactions
I have had a DJI Mavic 2 Pro for a few years now. I recently took a really awesome pano photo with it. It saved to the memory card in the drone. I went to access it off the memory card and it shows PANORAMA as a file and I click on it and it contains 27 individual photos. Clearly the photos it needed to make a pano, but the pano is not put together. I have never had this problem in the past. Is there someway I can view the pano all in one, rather then seeing 27 individual photos.
Thanks!!

Adobe Photoshop does a good job also. When I shoot a panorama, I always get the stitched-together in addition to the 21 (or whatever) individual shots. DJI's stitched-together photo, however, is only a fraction of the size you'll get if you use Photoshop.

The stitched version of the Pano should have been saved on your SD card. I don't recall if it's included in the folder containing the source photos or not. I agree with JimW, it isn't as good as the results using other software. I've used a program called Huggin with some success, it's free, but can be a bit confusing to use.

The panorama image file created by the drone is saved in the 100MEDIA folder along with any other photos or videos.
The stitched version of the Pano should have been saved on your SD card. I don't recall if it's included in the folder containing the source photos or not. I agree with JimW, it isn't as good as the results using other software. I've used a program called Huggin with some success, it's free, but can be a bit confusing to use.

I have had a DJI Mavic 2 Pro for a few years now. I recently took a really awesome pano photo with it. It saved to the memory card in the drone. I went to access it off the memory card and it shows PANORAMA as a file and I click on it and it contains 27 individual photos. Clearly the photos it needed to make a pano, but the pano is not put together. I have never had this problem in the past. Is there someway I can view the pano all in one, rather then seeing 27 individual photos.
Thanks!!
Download and install RICOH THETA and use that to view the pano file created by the drone which is saved in the 100MEDIA folder (a sub folder of DCIM).

Last edited:
Adobe Photoshop does a good job also. When I shoot a panorama, I always get the stitched-together in addition to the 21 (or whatever) individual shots. DJI's stitched-together photo, however, is only a fraction of the size you'll get if you use Photoshop.
So how EXACTLTY do you stitch 26 images in random order in Photoshop? I have worked for hours and failed. I can do a single row, no problem, b ut the random 26 images can only be uploaded to commercial software in my experience. please feee free to write me by conversation I have been wrestling with this for at least a year.

[email protected]
Dale
Miami

Microsoft ICE is no longer available/maintained but you can get a 62bit windows version copy here .
It is simple to use just drag and drop the 25/26 images (jpg or DNG) onto the first window and follow the process through but that is not the end of the process. The drone does not look up so there is missing data to be created.

You will find that the stitched image is not of the correct proportions(unless by chance) a 360 pano file should be in the ratio/proportions of 2 horizontally to 1 vertically (2:1).

To correct the proportions I use GIMP and adjust the canvas size to the correct proportions but then, this introduces a blank ceiling to the image. However the image is of the correct proportions and can be viewed in the RICOH THETA viewer without any distortions.

To finish off I use Skyfill to fill in the sky or create a mirror world above.

I have not found that by using DNG instead of jpg files that there is a significant increase in quality or detail.
Resultant files are usually about 90-100MB

Progs (all free software)arch the internet.
  • Windows 64 bit Microsoft ICE 62bit windows version copy here
  • GIMP
  • Skyfill
Microsoft ICE Import images
1649160753405.png
Stitch as Spherical
1649160828086.png
Crop and Auto Complete
1649160897695.png
Export the image to disk
1649161081147.png
The Stitched image has the wrong proportions

Open in GIMP
1649161375508.png
Change the canvas size (28672/2=14336) whilst unlinking the Width to the Height
1649161509709.png
check the dark grey outline and drag the small image to the bottom
1649161576856.png
resave or export the resulting image.
1649161856646.jpeg
The image now has the correct proportions but no sky.

Use Skyfill to create a false sky or mini mirrored world.
Image dropped into SkyFill
1649162227949.png
The final image can be viewed in a 360 viewer such as RICOH THETA or published as a 360 panorama.

Last edited:
So how EXACTLTY do you stitch 26 images in random order in Photoshop? I have worked for hours and failed. I can do a single row, no problem, b ut the random 26 images can only be uploaded to commercial software in my experience. please feee free to write me by conversation I have been wrestling with this for at least a year.

[email protected]
Dale
Miami
Seems straightforward to me, so maybe we're missing something. Here's what I do.
Go to File - Automate - Photomerge
Click Browse and select your images. (I just use the "auto" layout setting and keep "Blend images together" selected.)
Click OK. Wait.

Seems straightforward to me, so maybe we're missing something. Here's what I do.
Go to File - Automate - Photomerge
Click Browse and select your images. (I just use the "auto" layout setting and keep "Blend images together" selected.)
Click OK. Wait.
Any help with Apple OS? What does everyone use for multi-image randomized images from drone pano with Apple?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato