DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How does the battery discharge timer work for Mavic Air 2 LiPos?

Yaros

Reactions
Hello, I have charged my ma2 batteries this Sunday the 28th of November but never flew.
Then yesterday I updated the firmware for all of them and re-charged them again (from 92% to 100%).
Tomorrow I'm planning a flight, but I don't want to end up in a situation where I go far away from home and then while I'm driving there they automatically discharge.
Does someone know how much time does it take for them to start auto discharge? In the manual it says 5 days, but it already has been 5 days and they are not discharged.
And does the charging from 92% to 100% reset the timer?

Hello, I have charged my ma2 batteries this Sunday the 28th of November but never flew.
Then yesterday I updated the firmware for all of them and re-charged them again (from 92% to 100%).
Tomorrow I'm planning a flight, but I don't want to end up in a situation where I go far away from home and then while I'm driving there they automatically discharge.
Does someone know how much time does it take for them to start auto discharge? In the manual it says 5 days, but it already has been 5 days and they are not discharged.
You have three options:
  1. You can wait and find out for yourself because I personally don't know.
  2. You can take a flight and bring the batteries down to say 50%, recharge, and I'm sure it will have reset.
  3. You can wait for someone who knows the answer to respond.
In all honestly, I didn't even know DJI batteries discharge.

Reactions: Yaros
@Yaros may i suggest you download the manual for your drone it explains it all and more in there

Yes. The other fly in the ointment is the discharge from 100% to 96% after 24 hours.
You also can't top off a 96% battery to 100% without first draining it down to 95% manually! Happy flying!

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser