DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How expensive to fix my Mavic Pro after crash

lacofdfireman

Reactions
Crashed my Mavic Pro the other day. Stupid mistake on my part. When I originally bought the drone I took out an insurance policy on it through State Farm and they are saying if it’s not fixable they will give me the $1360 purchase price that I paid for it 3 years ago. If it is fixable they will pay to have it fixed. I’m sure it’s fixable but any estimate of what it may cost?

It’s been a great drone and would be bummed to have to replace it because I know I’d end up wanting the Mavic 2 which I really don’t need and it would cost me at least another $500 over what the insurance will give me. ?

CC5B06BC-07CD-4C74-9D37-BDE8C4019D13.jpeg

Can quote it for free just submit a ticket. ruff to quote without opening it up but one things for sure is the gimbal is shot
If you dont mind me asking what happened? Don’t think I’ve seen a gimbal so destroyed. did you hit a brick wall @ 40mph?
If there’s an option id see if those good neighbors will replace it w a new m2z

Big chunk of granite under the drone in the pic may hold a hint ;)

Though it's probably a kitchen counter top

Reactions: old man mavic
if you are getting the full price they quoted then you would have enough to get a MPP flymore combo the gimbal and camera are the most expensive parts followed by the main board and other internal components
in some ways you would be better off getting a replacement over repair, in case as @Thomas B said you could have issues further down the line

Take the insurance money and buy a replacement off Craigslist. Craigslist is full of Mavic Pros that people bought, used twice (or not at all) then sell months later. I got mine for $600 and its great.

Big chunk of granite under the drone in the pic may hold a hint ;)

Though it's probably a kitchen counter top
q

A big wind gust blew my MP into a wall at about 15m altitude. I did my own repairs, and replaced:

4 props
2 frt. landing legs
2 Rear LED caps
Gimbal anti-vibration absorber
Gimbal mount frame
Gimbal flexible ribbon cable
Gimbal video feed wire

All the parts cost ~$30 USD. I cracked the battery also, but had spares, & didn’t replace it. The repairs took me 3-4 hours of tedious work.

I tend to agree with everyone else; your MP will never be the same, and future problems might arise.

In my case, my MP has been ‘modified’ :) It has all of DJI’s flight limitations removed. I want to keep it flying as long as I can.

Best

Reactions: Peio64270
Same comment, go on craigslist, or Amazon. And, you can pick up a MP for
around $500.00 or $600.00. Many hardly used.

with the knowledge you possess and the expertise to be able to do your own repairs you are very lucky
as far as bragging about your drone being modified to avoid geo fencing restrictions not so good
thats my personal opinion ,sorry if that offends you

with the knowledge you possess and the expertise to be able to do your own repairs you are very lucky
as far as bragging about your drone being modified to avoid geo fencing restrictions not so good

I sure want to thank everyone here on the form for all the information I'm 84 & still 'Learning' by reading a lot of your posts. I never knew you could 'modify' a dji drone.
I have the MPP that I'm still learning how to do things thanks to everyone here. Without this form, I would have never known a lot of stuff posted here.

Nah, no offense taken at all. This forum frowns upon DJI hacks. I’m not really bragging, just expressing my reasoning for doing the repair. I have 6 other drones, none have been modified. I tinker w/the MP, but only fly it out in the countryside, well away from hazards.

Due to its age, my P2 Std. isn’t geo-fenced either. It is a handful...loves ATTI mode :)

I’m very safety conscious, and never violate flight safety rules. The penalties can be very severe in a communist country.

Safe flying!

I will back up old man Mavic. Trying to avoid geo fencing restrictions not good at all for the community and safety of people.

I agree, violating airspace regulations is irresponsible. I have not ever done that, to my knowledge. I drive the speed limit, and obey the rules of the road.

thanks for your reply ,and your response ,maybe bragging was the wrong word to use ,there are parts of the forum where mods and hacks are talked about and that's fine,but in light of the upcoming changes ,that are going to affect how and where we can fly our drones,i feel that mentioning such subjects on the forum ,could have a negative result

thanks for your reply ,and your response ,maybe bragging was the wrong word to use ,there are parts of the forum where mods and hacks are talked about and that's fine,but in light of the upcoming changes ,that are going to affect how and where we can fly our drones,i feel that mentioning such subjects on the forum ,could have a negative result

I agree 100%....just sent you a PM ;-)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d