DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How far should I be to a military zone when flying a drone?

Yaros

Reactions
Hello, I want to know what is the recommended distance to stay away from a military zone in Spain.
Because I found a pretty good location to fly but there are 2 military zones nearby.
One of them is 2.5km away, the other is 3.5km away from my planned takeoff point.
I want to set the maximum flight distance when I'm there to make sure I don't get too close to them.
What do you think is the best one to set?
Here is a screenshot of them on the map, the red circle is my expected takeoff point, the blue areas are the military zones:

1638365670821.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MARK (LI)
Found this:
  • There shall be no flying over, within, or near military installations, public utility installations, archaeological sites, or public or private facilities.
Drone Laws in Spain [Updated October 26, 2021]
Yeah, but what does it mean "near"? How near?

Also I found some of the data on that website you linked to be incorrect.
For example:
You can fly here above 50 meters in the open category, the maximum here in 120 meters.
You can fly at night with a strobe light but only below 50 meters AGL.
You can fly closer than 1 kilometer to residential areas, just not straight over them

and so on...

Hello, I want to know what is the recommended distance to stay away from a military zone in Spain.
Because I found a pretty good location to fly but there are 2 military zones nearby.
One of them is 2.5km away, the other is 3.5km away from my planned takeoff point.
I want to set the maximum flight distance when I'm there to make sure I don't get too close to them.
What do you think is the best one to set?
Here is a screenshot of them on the map, the red circle is my expected takeoff point, the blue areas are the military zones:

View attachment 139380
What flight apps work in Spain? They can tell you if it's legal and the actual restrictive zone if one. Unless it's an aircraft base, the zone should be fairly small.

Just from the screenshot, if you are flying the lake or immediate area - you possibly would not be in a restricted zone, but that is what the apps are for - to be more specific

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka