DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How fast will the DJI car charger replenish Mavic battery

787steve

Reactions
That's it. If I fly down to 10%, how quickly can car charger have battery ready to go again?

Thanks

About an hour. Keep in mind it's only charging as long as your engine is running. **** smart chargers! LOL

Takes about 30 minutes to top it off from a storage-level charge of 45%.

I'd say about 90 minutes to full charge but as others said, the input voltage needs to be above 13.1 V, i.e. the engine must be running...

OK just a side note guys - I have found a hot battery straight out of the Mavic will NOT charge until it cools down first.....

Didn't know that. Mavic batteries really are smart. Not many know that just like we shouldn't fly with a cold battery they shouldn't be charged while hot fresh out of the Mavic.

That's it. If I fly down to 10%, how quickly can car charger have battery ready to go again?

Thanks

As already said from 10% I would say between 70 to 90 minutes to charge once cooled down.

How long does the standard charger take? It might be better to just use it and invest the car charger money into a power inverter.

Didn't know that. Mavic batteries really are smart. Not many know that just like we shouldn't fly with a cold battery they shouldn't be charged while hot fresh out of the Mavic.
Nobody likes a smart aleck battery! Back when I was a kid, batteries just did what you asked them to. Till they oxidized out, anyway. And they didn't last very long. And they couldn't be recharged. But still, darned smart aleck Mavic batteries.

the input voltage needs to be above 13.1 V, i.e. the engine must be running...

Does it? I routinely charge mine off my fridge batteries in my 4wd, and they will float around 12.6-12.8 if the sun has gone down... Charges fine.

Does it? I routinely charge mine off my fridge batteries in my 4wd, and they will float around 12.6-12.8 if the sun has gone down... Charges fine.
That's my first hand experience... It will blink but won't charge, tested both in my Jeep and on my bike, both give about 12,1V without the engine running...

That's my first hand experience... It will blink but won't charge, tested both in my Jeep and on my bike, both give about 12,1V without the engine running...

Interesting. I've only seen it do that when the batt is hot. I usually just plug it in and walk away (generally to start flying on batt 2 or 3 :)). Must investigate....

Nobody likes a smart aleck battery! Back when I was a kid, batteries just did what you asked them to. Till they oxidized out, anyway. And they didn't last very long. And they couldn't be recharged. But still, darned smart aleck Mavic batteries.
That was before batteries had the energy density of C4 and the corresponding ability to release all of it almost as quickly. ;)

A little contradictory info coming in. I will try to test it while on our trip. I will report back (unless I forget).

A little contradictory info coming in. I will try to test it while on our trip. I will report back (unless I forget).
I believe the charge rate on the wall charger is 50 ma while the car charger is 74 ma, so the car charger is a bit faster (quoting from memory, too lazy to get up and get a magnifying glass to read the info on the chargers)

Reactions: Mavic 57
I believe the charge rate on the wall charger is 50 ma while the car charger is 74 ma, so the car charger is a bit faster (quoting from memory, too lazy to get up and get a magnifying glass to read the info on the chargers)
It would have to be closer to 3000 mA since it charges in about an hour.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54