DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How fast will the DJI car charger replenish Mavic battery

How long does the standard charger take? It might be better to just use it and invest the car charger money into a power inverter.
A little more. The car charger charges at 6A vs 3.8 for the AC charger. Many got the car charger as part of the fly more package already so it's not an additional purchase.

A little more. The car charger charges at 6A vs 3.8 for the AC charger. Many got the car charger as part of the fly more package already so it's not an additional purchase.
That sounds reasonable to me. That's about 1C on the AC charger and 1.5C on the car charger.

Instead of using the DC charger to charge batteries, would an inverter work? Coupled with the Powerextra (Blue) charger work, In theory it would be faster. Now for reality, I wonder. . .

Yes should work fine, as long as your inverter has a high enough output to supply what your powerextra charger needs to work correctly.
Ive used an inverter on various chargers without issue.
Although its not the most efficient way of charging batteries

The car charger charges just as fast as the house charger. I barely even use my house charger anymore.

Although its not the most efficient way of charging batteries

Thanks for your input, I was trying to address the issue of charging batteries without having to run the car to get higher DC voltage instead of the at rest DC voltage.

I started using an inverter to power my laptop in the late '90s. I used Microsoft Streets & Trips and AutoRoute while traveling for work. Using it for charging batteries was just a thought.

I have the PGY-Tech car charger. I have yet to test it. It can do 2 batteries at the same time.

Thanks for your input, I was trying to address the issue of charging batteries without having to run the car to get higher DC voltage instead of the at rest DC voltage.

I started using an inverter to power my laptop in the late '90s. I used Microsoft Streets & Trips and AutoRoute while traveling for work. Using it for charging batteries was just a thought.

In that case it probably makes sense to use the inverter, as what ever energy your wasting stepping up the voltage to your inverter, then back down again in the charger is still probably more efficient than running your engine and burning gas

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1