DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How hard would it be to simulate litchi missions in google earth?

Okay, think I found the reason. Loaded the exe up on my 32 bit machine and it executed no problem at all. So. I'm presuming the exe does NOT load up on 64 bit operating systems - which is a shame because google earth does not like my 32 bit machine.

Ahhh, That makes sense now. I am running the 64 bit version of Windows 7 and Google Earth 64 Bit as well. Compatibility Mode does not seem to allow it to run under Win 7 64 Bit either. Booo!

Maybe I can help here......

I have written a similar utility which allows me to fly Litchi Missions virtually in Google Earth. The virtual mission honors the camera orientation and gimbal angles specified in Litchi so that flying the mission in Google Earth looks very similar to the real mission when it is eventually flown with the drone.

I use it to pre-check my missions to make sure all the heading and gimbal settings are optimal and that the camera will actually 'see' everything that I intend.

It runs on my win10 x64 machine but I think it should run on x86 as well.

If there is any interest then just ask and I can try to upload a copy.

I have written a similar utility which allows me to fly Litchi Missions virtually in Google Earth. The virtual mission honors the camera orientation and gimbal angles specified in Litchi so that flying the mission in Google Earth looks very similar to the real mission when it is eventually flown with the drone.

I use it to pre-check my missions to make sure all the heading and gimbal settings are optimal and that the camera will actually 'see' everything that I intend.

Yeah man - sounds pretty dang neat and thanks for sharing!

Yeah man - sounds pretty dang neat and thanks for sharing!

I have started a new thread for this - thought it might get more visibility than a thread which is almost a year old.

The new thread is called "Virtual Litchi Mission"

Thanks

Have

a peek at my reply #61 below - doesn't seem to work on 64 bit machines. Hope that helps

I am running it on a 64 bit machine (windows 8). I don't get error messages but I have to open files in a very particular way for it to work, and even then it often behaves very bizarrely. First I download the mission to one folder (folder B), and rename it to "litchi_mission.csv". Then I open the mission visualizer program, which also happens to be in folder B, though I don't think that matters. This causes google earth to automatically open as well. I have to then wait a few seconds for the mission vizualiser box to actually pop up (to know that it's fully loaded). Then I copy litchi_mission.csv to the downloads folder. Sometimes nothing happens when I do this and checking the downloads folder I see that the .csv file I just copied to it isn't even there. So I copy litchi_mission.csv to downloads again and that's when it starts the google earth mission.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captainhook