DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How is the quality on the latest Mavic Pros?

cardplayer71

Reactions
Hi,

I bought a Mavic Pro back in February of 2016, and I loved it. It died on the black sand beach at Vik, Iceland. So, I bought a Phantom 4 Pro there and just used it until now. Anyway, I'm in the market for a replacement, but I remember reading a ton of threads here over the spring and summer that the then-shipping Mavic Pros were having all kinds of quality issues. The main issues revolved around image quality, focus problems, noise, and random compass issues.

What is the current state of affairs? Are these "good" Mavic Pros now?

I think it's more about the updates than the actual units.I got mine in January and had been flawless up until the latest two updates. Now it's quite erratic. Drifts, loses connection etc. Never had those issues before.

Reactions: cardplayer71
Just keep in mind that most people only post when they they have a problem, or think they have a problem, so the vast majority have no problems, so they don’t post.
My 2 cents

Reactions: dajohn17
I bought the mavic last week and its flying very stable, No issues that far, also 1080p 60fps is much better now, no weird pixels

I purchased one in December of 2017, and another about two weeks ago. The only thing I’ve done with the new one is downgraded the firmware.. no issues so far[emoji16]

I purchased one in December of 2017, and another about two weeks ago. The only thing I’ve done with the new one is downgraded the firmware.. no issues so far[emoji16]
Guessing you mean December 2016. ;)

The main issues revolved around image quality, focus problems, noise, and random compass issues.
Those defects that were reported a few times but actually pretty rare (and easily corrected by a trip under warranty) were basically already history when you got your first one.

I purchased mine September this year and has build date of July.

Fly's great with zero issues but unfortunately has a decentred lens. Going to get a warranty fix in the new year.

Myself and a few buddies have bought Mavic Pro's... two in October, one a few weeks back, and another that hasn't flown yet. We'll see how that goes after Christmas. Of the three, none have had hardware issues but one of the updates seemed to cause mine to jump into ATTI mode at unwanted times. It prompted me to install the latest update and its been flying perfect since that was installed. My friend who just purchased a couple weeks back is having a lot of issues with his I-Phone app failing/crashing. Not sure why (probably our fault) but it functions great with my Crystal Sky monitors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000