DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How long is it safe to leave DJI batteries fully charged?

Yaros

Reactions
I do not keep my regular LiPos (non-DJI) fully charged for longer than 48 hours. DJI Batteries have the auto-discharge feature, but I never wait for them to auto-discharge because on newer drones it is locked to 9 days, and in some cases even longer. However, I do keep them for 3 or 4 days fully charged, and with 125 cycles of 3 of them, they still work great!
For how long do you keep your DJI LiPos fully charged?

I try to charge mine to 100% with the intention of discharging them at max 48 hours later. Usually I just charge that day or the night before.

I ALWAYS recharge them manually to about 50-60% as soon as I can after a flight though. One thing I do need to be better about is checking them over winter. I didn't fly at all this past winter and all 3 of my Mini 2 packs went into hibernation after being stored in the charging hub at 60%. When I went to charge them this year they were all totally dead/hibernating/one blinky light.

That said I also have a handful of round cells from 14500s to 26800s and they all get storage charged to ~3.75v when not in use.

I do not keep my regular LiPos (non-DJI) fully charged for longer than 48 hours. DJI Batteries have the auto-discharge feature, but I never wait for them to auto-discharge because on newer drones it is locked to 9 days, and in some cases even longer. However, I do keep them for 3 or 4 days fully charged, and with 125 cycles of 3 of them, they still work great!
For how long do you keep your DJI LiPos fully charged?
I never worry about it.

I have a charging bank for a bunch of batteries. I turn it on in the morning, and I turn it off at night. With decent flying weather they all get used within a few days.

I maintain my DJI batteries like this.
Thanks for your site and resources! Didnt know that firmware update can reset discharge time to 10 days. Holy cow batman! Question: I saw this about pressing the button to check levels:
  • Press the battery button once per month to ensure the current charge level is within the red box in the image above. If the battery needs charged, charge it until the 3rd battery light starts blinking. There's no need to charge it beyond that point since the battery will automatically discharge itself back down to that level after it's left unused.
  • Don't press the battery button to check the current charge level. On most DJI batteries, pressing the battery button will reset the time to discharge day counter back to zero.

My question: "Press it... Dont press it...?
    Please clarify: do you mean only press it while in storage charge, and then only 1x/month?Thanks again for the info and the old Assistant 1.1.2 -- it worked for activating ATTI, and I verified IT WORKED! wowza love THAT!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS