DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How long until....?

mp43sniper

Reactions
A coworker is a member of the fire department. This morning he forwarded an alert text that a neighbors house was on fire. (Turned out to be not bad thank goodness)

I turned on the security camera app and watched the fire trucks go up the street, etc. It's amazing to see things in real time when you're somewhere else.

Makes me wonder how long until we can have a drone on a charging dock in a mini hangar on the roof and fly it from somewhere else too. That would have allowed me to take off and go up the street to actually see the neighborhood activity instead of just looking out my front window.

I think so, especially by companies like Amazon who are using drones to deliver packages in some parts of the world. They fly as far as 2-3 miles away from their warehouses, way out of USA FAA LOS rules.

Reactions: mp43sniper
I think so, especially by companies like Amazon who are using drones to deliver packages in some parts of the world. They fly as far as 2-3 miles away from their warehouses, way out of USA FAA LOS rules.
This is my thinking. Money talks, and commercial drone usage can save and make a LOT of money.

As well as make current businesses and methods lose opportunities, wich rarely happens without a fight.

Since Amazon is already using some contract car/van drivers to expedite deliveries here in the USA instead of using UPS, Fedex or USPS, I dont see many lost opportunities, only an opportunity for the 3 big delivery companies to step up their games. Every week I send and receive dozens of items from the 3 big delivery companies. Their delivery habits vary from poor to horrible. Sometimes Fedex ground delivers at 11pm and I am not far from a big city.

I dont see a single one of the big 3 delivery companies in the USA making any strides towards faster, cheaper delivery times using drones. Faster, in tehir language, always means more expensive. Amazon is leading the way in faster and cheaper delivery times. They think outside the box, pun intended.

It's nice that Amazon is doing what they can to give people what they want. Faster delivery times, and reliable estimates of when your package will be delivered.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM