DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How loud is the Mini 3 compared to the Air 2s??

jeffy351

Reactions
I have the Air 2s and I noticed it is quite loud, when trying to film wild animals they hear it even at 400 feet high moving slowly in cine mode. Is the Mini 3 much quieter?

from the moment you do your first take off ,the first thing you notice is just how quiet it is ,compared to other drones ,it really is that noticeable

Ditto, same as the others, there is a video that DC rainmaker (i think) made to compare a few drones but i doubt he will have been the only one as this is being hailed as the quitest one out there.

I have the Air 2s and I noticed it is quite loud, when trying to film wild animals they hear it even at 400 feet high moving slowly in cine mode. Is the Mini 3 much quieter?
There are numerous videos on this

Dale
Miami
Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 8.48.50 AM.png

Reactions: jeffy351
I’ve seen some reviews that show decibel wise it really isn’t quieter than the Air 2S, both sat at 70 dB. BUT the sound is far more mellow and less attention getting so it is perceived as much less annoying and “quieter” than pretty much any previous DJI drone including the Air 2S.

thats the thing about actually saying its quieter any propeller rotating at a reasonable speed will make a sound as it travels through the air,and its the pitch of that sound ,that makes it seem to our ears as quieter or louder i think that one of the main contributing factors ,along with the bigger props rotating at lower speeds relative to the lift produced ,is the way they spin in relation to each other ,because they are at different heights this allows them to almost overlap each other, and also the front props dont spin over the body of the drone as in other models and even the rears only do so a little bit ,all these small things i think are helping to produce less tip vortices which in turn reduce the sound that the props make as they spin

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77