DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many American "Air Force"x's are there?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

Not a political question, so please DO NOT go there.

I just saw a clip of Air Force 1 leaving the airbase and three similarily painted plane tails where captured as the camera panned to follow the Air Force 1.
It left me wondering what are those other planes, does an airline have similar livery?

Reactions: pelagic_one
Civilians generally refer to the physical plane itself as Air Force One, It's designation (Call Sign) as Air Force One is ONLY when the president is aboard. Today, there are actually two planes that regularly fly under this designation - nearly identical Boeing 747-200B jets. The planes themselves are designated VC-25A, with tail numbers 28000 and 29000.

A bit of fun info: 30 Amazing Facts About Air Force One

And as a Drone pilot...they are a HUGE Pain :p TFR's for hours in all areas of the darn thing ;)

Thanks, any idea what the others were then? I seem to recollect cars etc, are 'shipped' via normally painted military cargo carrying aircraft

Thanks, any idea what the others were then? I seem to recollect cars etc, are 'shipped' via normally painted military cargo carrying aircraft
I couldn't say for sure as Air Force 2 shouldn't have been there (Vice President) , and the other tail number would have been back in Washington for the new President. One would be what "we" call the doomsday bunker...not sure of what others you might have seen. The US Government has many similar painted planes for different dignitaries and such.

And yes the limos and presidential motorcade as well as service, support and security are flown in prior and in place for landing. Sometimes days in advance.

Reactions: pelagic_one
There are several VIP transports based on the Boeing 737, painted much like the VC-25As. They are sometimes used when the president needs to travel to an airport too small for the larger 747 based plane, in which case the smaller plane is called Air Force One while the president is on board. They may also be used by the vice president. Any air force plane carrying the VP is called Air Force Two while the VP is on board.

Edit: and there are transports based on the 757 which are used by the VP and sometimes by the president when the 747 is too big.

The 737 based transports are rarely used by the president and VP, but are more often used by lower level officials.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada