DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many drones in UK above 250g?

Bruce Lythe

Reactions
I do some work as a consultant to government. How would you make an estimate of the number of drones on the UK of weight including battery and onboard accessories of greater than 250g. I am interested in both hobby and commercial drones that are currently purchased and are likely to be flown at least once n the next 6 months.

I am not interested in numbers pulled out if the air. I need to be able to quote any source data and explain the arithmetic used to produce the final estimate.

I am also interested in methodologies even if you personally don't have source data you would need to make the estimate.

For example, if I have flown in 20 known good drone filmong locations in the past month and encountered 3 other drone pilots, can that be part of an estimate? How?

Can we safely assume DJI has a say 60 percent market share?

Brainstorm time. Any ideas gratefully received. Thx

I do some work as a consultant to government. How would you make an estimate of the number of drones on the UK of weight including battery and onboard accessories of greater than 250g. I am interested in both hobby and commercial drones that are currently purchased and are likely to be flown at least once n the next 6 months.

I am not interested in numbers pulled out if the air. I need to be able to quote any source data and explain the arithmetic used to produce the final estimate.

I am also interested in methodologies even if you personally don't have source data you would need to make the estimate.

For example, if I have flown in 20 known good drone filmong locations in the past month and encountered 3 other drone pilots, can that be part of an estimate? How?

Can we safely assume DJI has a say 60 percent market share?

Brainstorm time. Any ideas gratefully received. Thx
15,345 let me know if I win.

Thank you, Possums. That is exactly what I am looking for.

Seriously guys, come on UK members. If I can add some intellectual rigour to the debate in Whitehall there is s chance I could influence policy on the November regulations, especially with regard to fee levels.....:D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam452