DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many extension and folding cycles do we get before failure.

Well, the wires are safe, but the Airs arms are a little more delicate than the MP, MPP and M2. Those blasted foldable, color coded landing legs in the front are going to be the death of me. You cant replace them if damaged unless you replace the whole arm. Wish they were replaceable by themselves, but the pins inside the little legs are integrated into the arm. Cant get the pin out. I hate it because I have to end up charging customers for a whole arm just to replace the little legs.

Short version, be very, very, very careful landing your Mavic Air because if you break that little leg up front, you will need a whole new arm. There's always glue (joking)

Couldn’t you just drill out the little arm and then put in a locking pin for the new one. Just got a bust out your fabrication skills man.

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
  • 8a.jpg
    8a.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 17
So far as takeoff and landing , i always hand launch and hand catch. My goal is my M2P will never touch the ground. I wish i could and had the knowledge to fabricate a launch button on the bird. It would truly be a one handed operation.

Reactions: JDawg
Thanks!
I actually did the same thing when I had a Mavic Air.
This case is available as I have sold the Air.
It was made by Go Professional cases and I will let it go for $150.00 USD including shipping within the 48 States.
Nice case... but one of the main reasons I bought an Air is because if how small it folds up. That case would defeat the purpose.

Ive tried dremeling them, drilling them, yadda yadda

Dont get me started lol

Since I’m semi retired I’ve been doing a lot of fabrication mostly metal work and making tools that are unique for special applications. I have the time to collaborate on A project or Solve some unique drone related repair If you ever have a need.

Reactions: Former Member
Since I’m semi retired I’ve been doing a lot of fabrication mostly metal work and making tools that are unique for special applications. I have the time to collaborate on A project or Solve some unique drone related repair If you ever have a need.

Wow, what an offer. Do you have a website or pictures of some of the things youve made? I like the show, "Forged in Fire." It will cut!

The mean time before failure for the folding system is 5000 uses according to DJI.
So if I can fly as much as I'd like, sometime next week. :cool:

Wow, what an offer. Do you have a website or pictures of some of the things youve made? I like the show, "Forged in Fire." It will cut!

No I haven’t set up any website since I haven’t tried to market outside of my community yet. Oh my be a good idea for me to set something up just do a post pictures of what I do. Something I need to consider.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky