DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The New Avata FPV and you!!

I’m will say the the bag with the avata 2 is the best I have received from dji. First time I’m not reaching for a replacement

Flown it yet? How does it fly in manual? Is the yaw problem from the Avata gone?

Huge drawback in Eu countries (and surely Switzerland as well) the speed limitation in manual mode to a mere 60km/h. I will either have to find a way to unlock this limit or wait until it gets certified to C1 ? (I heard) because it's no use for me to have a drone that can barely fly faster than my mini 3. Quit a bummer because I was ready to buy it.

Huge drawback in Eu countries (and surely Switzerland as well) the speed limitation in manual mode to a mere 60km/h. I will either have to find a way to unlock this limit or wait until it gets certified to C1 ? (I heard) because it's no use for me to have a drone that can barely fly faster than my mini 3. Quit a bummer because I was ready to buy it.
Really doubt there will be an actual limit, just "if you're there you shouldn't fly faster than...."
So far manual's been manual for real, no flight envelope restriction. Should know soon enough.

Really doubt there will be an actual limit, just "if you're there you shouldn't fly faster than...."
So far manual's been manual for real, no flight envelope restriction. Should know soon enough.
I am not sure. With DJI blocking Mini Pro 4 drones from flying more than 120 meters above ground, I don't want a drone that is constantly screaming at my face with distracting popups. Especially when I fly in the alps and I am always less than 120 meters above ground, but the sloppy DJI software only accounts for this limit from the takeoff position, so I get distracting and borderline dangerous popups instead of focusing on my flight. And the way it's going I feel that the Avata 2 is going to be more and more locked.

Are mini 4s blocked from flying higher that 120m? I didnt think so, but maybe Im wrong. I didnt try a high flight with the avata but ill try when i get to our training area. I need to get the bird on our scope before i can apply for height approval

Reactions: Red_Pyro
Are mini 4s blocked from flying higher that 120m? I didnt think so, but maybe Im wrong. I didnt try a high flight with the avata but ill try when i get to our training area. I need to get the bird on our scope before i can apply for height approval

Should know soon enough.
No surprises, flies just as expected in M, can still set it to 500m (makes sense since it's C1 and not C0 like the minis) and it'll happily do 90+km/h with a bit of help from the wind.

Nice middle ground between the Avata 1 and FPV. Definitely has more grunt, same kind of flight style gets done 15-20km/h faster than the Avata 1 from a "first impressions".

Last edited:
No surprises, flies just as expected in M, can still set it to 500m (makes sense since it's C1 and not C0 like the minis) and it'll happily do 90+km/h with a bit of help from the wind.

Nice middle ground between the Avata 1 and FPV. Definitely has more grunt, same kind of flight style gets done 15-20km/h faster than the Avata 1 from a "first impressions".
You're not limited to 19m/s in M mode ?

Nope

View attachment 174427

50-60 is about its no-wind sweet spot it seems though.

Dammmmmn. That's as fast as the FPV! I got my FPV up to 90 over water, like twice, but I couldn't afford the cost of Depends™ necessary to fly like that.

I don't recall ever getting my Avata faster than 60+... @Kilrah, what's your fastest with the Avata?

@Kilrah, what's your fastest with the Avata?
Not exactly keeping a tally but probably 65-ish, that's pushing it in straight line to go from A to B, maneuvering it's more like 40...

Avata 2 seems to be 80-85 when pushed and 50-60 maneuvering but then I've only got 3 flights in.

With the FPV 90's basically the base speed for me, will do 120 easily, went about 160 with a tailwind (but the display is bugged and caps at 154 or so IIRC)

Just flew both the FPV and A2 back to back and while there's still definitely a "shock" especially in climbs ("is the throttle really maxed already?") it's certainly closer. And the A2 being faster/more powerful doesn't detract from it being on rails like the A1, much more so than the FPV. Had about 25km/h wind from the East but no problem playing with trees etc.

So yeah the A1 is on sale, and the A2 and FPV still both have their respective complimentary strengths.

Here's a few mins from today, 2nd half of the flight was ruined by an unleashed dog in the vicinity so I just cut it out... and YT murders the footage as usual, interestingly some bits look like drops in transmission quality when there were none

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom