DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how many have lost mavic mini drones

How many have lost mini’s? I’m sure I would be a statistic if it were not for this forum. I got my mini and (as a new pilot) immediately began watching uTube videos of people doing all sorts of flying in wind, at extreme distances, around skyscrapers, etc. Then I found mavicpilots.com and learned that SOME of what I had watched was irresponsible and downright foolish. Thank you for helping bring balance and realistic expectations into the sport for me! I still have my mini and enjoy flying it under the conditions it is designed for. I don’t want to be a statistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
There is nothing wrong with the Mavic Mini. It’s a very fine aircraft, have been pushing mine it to its limits in 3 months of ownership and very impressed by its capabilities for the price. This being a very affordable entry level drone, it ends up in the hands of hundreds of inexperienced operators who make the classic mistakes and loose their MM within the first few flights. Flying too far downwind, ignoring high wind speed warning, not within VLOS, waiting too long before switching battery... all these are classic mistakes. I would also recommend new users to have their MM properly stored in a protective case with the props protected and secured. Any damage to a single prop even minimal can lead to a catastrophic failure. So learn your basics, do a proper preflight check and don’t throw it in your backpack unprotected in between flights.

Reactions: pelagic_one
You cannot vLOS with the MM because past 20 meters just blends in, and it's already out of vLOS unless have a beak... and eagle eyes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos