DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many MM owners have been trouble free?

I appreciate the comment by Mr. Price on interference with the tree LOL. My other drones have collision avoidance. The very first flight on my Mini, I did something I was a bit embarrassed by, when I nicked a tree. I have been flying quad copters for over four years with zero crashes, so my ego was a bit bruised. Fortunately, like your Mini, mine recovered before hitting the ground. I was surprised that there was no damage to the quad or the blades. Pretty durable drone, this Mini.

MM flying great. After primary flight flew MM down long driveway to exhaust battery when it went into RTH due to low battery. It started to go up to RTH altitude but was under a tree. It crashed into tree limbs and then started a free fall but recovered hover on its on at about 10 feet when I went in to manual control and flew it to landing at my feet. MM somehow forgave my stupid pilot error. Only minor scuffing of props. Still flying great.

Reactions: Thoraldus
286 flights, 45.6 hours of flight time and no problems so far! :) I’ve pushed this thing in higher than recommended wind conditions over water just to see what it can handle... very impressed!

Upon further inspection, I think the DJI app is lumping in flights from my previous drones... I’ll have to calculate exactly how much I’ve flown with the Mini. Regardless, I think the Mini is a solid performer for this price point.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Thoraldus
Hope I’m not tempting fate but no problems here. Had the Mini for two months now with minimal issues. Just a glitch here and there or a random signal loss. Try to fly three to fours a week more if possible. Wind has been a big issue for me lately. Been sidelined for about two weeks now. Wind everyday. I don’t want to push my luck and try to fly the mini in these conditions just because I got the itch to fly.

I’m also in Ft. Myers. I still took it out last week, kept it at around 30 feet... I was having withdrawals! o_O

No problems here either, except the orientation indicator (bottom middle of DJI Fly app)

I also flew it low in stormy weather to see how it behaved. Gusts blew the MM away, but it recovered and came automatically back to its original position.

As I got a few 'signal lost', RTH worked flawlessly.

67 flights, 26 km

Last edited:
I've had my Mini for just over a month. Have about 20 flights. Have had no problems. Of course, being a new drone pilot I have been VERY conservative with my Mini. I do go a little further and higher with each flight, as conditions allow. I think the highest I've flown is about 150 feet. Not sure I need to go much higher than that. Distance away is probably about 500 feet. Having lots of fun! Built on Jan 4, 2020 according to the serial number decoder.

Last edited:
Not sure of the exact number just yet but I'd say about 15 with zero problems and in mild wind it really is amazing. I'm still working on eye hand coordination and learning to bank like a plane, very cool. Still struggling to put it all together watching the screen and adjusting this or that. Only managed to 150 ht and 286 ft out but feeling more comfortable with each flight I take. Birds zipping around me makes me feel like a turtle compared to them, lol.

Last edited:
100% trouble free so far, extremely impressed. I got the fly more package, biggest issue for me so far is a couple of times I let my phone charge get too low (weak service so it was working hard and I plugged it in to the controller at 2%) and it shut off mid flight, but no biggie, just lost all the cool app stuff. Here's a video from my last camping trip. Went up to max height (400') and between half and 3/4 mile out. Probably 20 flights so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vapor069
100% trouble free so far, extremely impressed. I got the fly more package, biggest issue for me so far is a couple of times I let my phone charge get too low (weak service so it was working hard and I plugged it in to the controller at 2%) and it shut off mid flight, but no biggie, just lost all the cool app stuff. Here's a video from my last camping trip. Went up to max height (400') and between half and 3/4 mile out. Probably 20 flights so far.

That's quite the tent setup!

Reactions: bobzdar
Most often we hear of the problems with this or that drone, especially the MM. I thought it would be interesting to see how many have a MM that works exactly as it should WITHIN it’s limitations. I’ve had my MM since early December and have had zero issues, flying an average of 2 or 3 batteries per week. I’m not minimizing the MM problems, which are certainly legitimate, but this is an opportunity for those of us who fly our MM WITHOUT problems to sound off. All you need to respond is “no problems “ and tell us how much you fly. Thanks in advance.?
What a great idea for a post. When everything starting getting locked down in mid March I bought my my first drone, the MM with the flymore combo.. It was a godsend! What great entertainment. I watched you tube videoes to learn about it and have been flying 3 batteries a day ever since with no problems. I have the UAV forecast app and if it says the wind is gusting over 18mph I don't fly. When I pack it into the case I make sure to fold the props over each other, as the instructions indicate, thereby my props do not get flattened, very important. I always fly VLOS and mainly in P mode. It is a blast. It gives this 69 year old retiree hours of fun. Highly recommend.

• Love
Reactions: Capt KO
Zero problems .,behaves as expected ..

I acquired mine in November 2019, but I have flown very little until today. I've never had any problems, but I always consult UAV and Windy and I don't go far or high, I'm still inexperienced, but I've been enjoying MM a lot.

Attachments

• D207A585-F99E-441A-9E87-34BB7DBEDFFC.png
    D207A585-F99E-441A-9E87-34BB7DBEDFFC.png
    768.4 KB · Views: 31
Absolutely error free. Great drone, but remember... it is very light. So use your common sense when it is windy outside. Like most accidents in flight, free balloon, fixed wing or drone. FAA keeps stats on this and approximately 80% of manned (or unmanned) aircraft flight incidents are caused by human error. Don't be that person who blames the equipment first.

1.75 hours 4.27 miles 32 flights. No issues at all. My first gps drone but have lost my share of the banggood drones over the years. Flying within my limits and maybe a little too carefully and the Mini hasn‘t disappointed me. I need to stretch myself a little more now.

I got mine 6 weeks ago and have been flying almost every day since then. This is a great drone. It's fun to fly and handles like a dream. Always works the way it's supposed to and takes great pictures.

Reactions: Tweeter and Rchawks
6 weeks as well. Works as intended and super fun to fly. Not even an app crash on my pixel 3. I got what I paid for and was not disappointed at all. I even had the m2p for a year before owning the mini.

I've had 102 flights and am very pleased with the mini. I bought for the features advertised and because it was below the 250 gram weight which excludes it from much of the regulations in Canada. I fly it with respect and within it's capabilities and it has performed up my expectations.

I started with the hobby/business about 15 years ago and find it amazing what DJI has put together in such a small unit. Can't say I haven't had any problems or tense moments while flying but it wasn't the mini's fault. I enjoy learning more each time I spark it up and this forum has been a wealth knowledge.

My suggestion to current and future MM owners. Read the PDF manual often, learn the capabilities of the mini from the experience of others in the forums and fly with them in mind and enjoy. Try turning the mini around and capture that smile on your face.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife