DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many times have you crashed? (POLL)

How many times have you crashed?

• Total voters
im actually interested in getting into quad racing, any advice?
My advice is - start with something small and cheap. you are going to crash, so by not having to worry about costs, you will learn a lot faster. It is a blast, much more fun than flying a camera drone that is not made to hit things on a daily basis :)

Reactions: Drones Ace
Shouldn't the optics have prevented that?
I walked in between two trees. The branches of both trees were on it's sides. It moved to the side to keep me in frame, and the props got caught in the leaves. It snagged the gimbal cable. DJI Care replaced it.

Never with the Mavic.

Three times with my old P3S last year. All my fault. Inexperienced pilot at the time. All three were big crashes but had no damage and sold it on 6 months later.

2 times, first time I had just "found" sport mode, full throttle into the eve of my roof, tore up 2 props, knocked gimbal mount out of place, my heart stopped... fixed gimbal mount added new props was flying in half an hour. Second time, at Knapps Castle near Santa Barbara, Doing a side slide, didn't see the tree. Stuck 50 feet up. Drove down the hill into Goleta home depot, bought 60' 1/2" EMT conduit, pipe cutter, duct tape, pond net, screw driver and conduit connectors... back up the hill, tape net to conduit, start adding more conduit... 5 hours later, Mavic comes down from tree, gather my stuff, go home, PRAY, fresh battery, 4 new props and flies like a champ. I am so thankful this thing is as tough as it is!!!!

3 times...all within my first 24 hours. Fairly sure 2 of them are the results of me trying to fly before it had proper gps lock. 3rd was a bad attempt at landing in low light. My only repair on the thing so far has been due to me tripping over something someone left out at work the day after I got it (had it in the original box but had neglected the gimbal camp replacement). Thanks to @Thunderdrones though the damage was relatively cheap to repair (would've been even cheaper had I not bought additional parts on my own prior to contacting him).

Since I got it back I've put nearly 100 miles on it without so much as a hard landing. Put the 4 days I was without it to good use by watching video after video and tutorial after tutorial. As well as pouring over posts here regarding other similar misguided beginnings (arrogance) and now I can start chasing those gorgeous photos I bought it for with a proper perception of the fragility of both the drone itself and the control system.

Just once. The typical flying indoors and......hit a table leg and dropped from bout a foot and a half up

Reactions: Drones Ace
Once on my p2 if you could call it a crash. Very first flight tried to land on the case. Slipped off and broke a prop. Never on my mavic. Lots on rc planes.

Just once. The typical flying indoors and......hit a table leg and dropped from bout a foot and a half up
i would be really scared to fly indoors

Nearly 100 hours and >8,000,000 ft (approx 1500 Miles) without a single mishap.

Last edited:
Reactions: William Stinessen
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji