Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many times have you crashed? (POLL)

How many times have you crashed?

• Total voters

Drones Ace

Reactions
Just wanted to start a new thread on this topic

4 times, and I remember them all. The first one was at dusk, no OA due to insuficient light, I was piloting and hit a concrete stair in front of the house, it hit hard but no issues. Second and third one came in the same afternoon, a very soft impact while in a semi-open greenhouse and once against a grapevine plant, it fell from 1 meter, not a soft hit but no issues.
The fourth one was the big one: it was in active track and moved sideways to set itself after the moving target, hit a tree branch and fell from 3-4 meters on a gravel road, smashing a vision sensor and damaging the hull itself, then it went to DJI NL and used my first care refresh.
The mavic is a really tough bird, when it took the first and third crashes I couldn't believe it didn't show any issue after such hits

Reactions: Drones Ace
Never with this airframe. I did all my crashing with a flamewheel 550, Naza 1.0 flight controller, old school gimbal, and gopro. 7 lbs fully loaded. It was a monster.

3 times
1st was motor failure at 130 feet
2. I think the app miss read the battery voltage. I landed on its own on a garage roof n tumbled off
3. I was racing around at tree top level. Well I guess just under tree top level.
All of those was with the P3S. That things is a tank

Rc flying, about 8 years. Mavic for about 5-6 months, with just shy of 500 km. on Mavic. I dont fly between objects, that is why there is racing quads [emoji3]
im actually interested in getting into quad racing, any advice?

3 times
1st was motor failure at 130 feet
2. I think the app miss read the battery voltage. I landed on its own on a garage roof n tumbled off
3. I was racing around at tree top level. Well I guess just under tree top level.
All of those was with the P3S. That things is a tank
did you get dji care?

4 times, and I remember them all. The first one was at dusk, no OA due to insuficient light, I was piloting and hit a concrete stair in front of the house, it hit hard but no issues. Second and third one came in the same afternoon, a very soft impact while in a semi-open greenhouse and once against a grapevine plant, it fell from 1 meter, not a soft hit but no issues.
The fourth one was the big one: it was in active track and moved sideways to set itself after the moving target, hit a tree branch and fell from 3-4 meters on a gravel road, smashing a vision sensor and damaging the hull itself, then it went to DJI NL and used my first care refresh.
The mavic is a really tough bird, when it took the first and third crashes I couldn't believe it didn't show any issue after such hits
let's hope DJI continues to build its drones like nokias...

Reactions: Vilco
let's hope DJI continues to build its drones like nokias...

I know what you mean :)
BTW still on an old nokia, my smatphone is dedicated to the mavic only, it's too freaking BIG to carry around, expecially in summer, and i'm almost always in front of a PC

No crashes and no issues at all. I have the mavic for about 6 months and my first quad was a p3s a year ago. Sold it to get mavic

5 times . 3 times indoor 2 times outdoor at night while landing

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes