DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much do you push your Mavic?

GA_Mavic

Reactions
In a residential area, I lose a few bars of signal strength around 1,000 feet (around 300 AGL). I maintain VLOS, so I'm sure it's due to WiFi interference.

My questions is: How much do you trust the Mavic to alert you of a weak signal, or return to home in the event of signal loss. I always turn around when I notice the signal strength lose a few bars, or when the signal icon flashes.

Am I being too cautious?

I rely on the RTH function to kick in in case signal is lost.
Usually it takes just a few seconds until the returning Mavic re-gains reception and is back under control.
Just make sure the RTH is set up properly so wherever the bird loses reception it can safely rise to the properly set RTH altitude and approach you.

I've started out slowly, but have come to trust my Mavic with greater and greater distance. Now and then, if I get an alert of lost signal which remains beyond a few seconds, it will go into RTH. More often than not though, I just need to lift up the RC so the antennas are perpendicular to the AC because I was holding the RC parallel to the ground looking at the screen. Lifting it up helped a lot!

In a residential area, I lose a few bars of signal strength around 1,000 feet (around 300 AGL). I maintain VLOS, so I'm sure it's due to WiFi interference.

My questions is: How much do you trust the Mavic to alert you of a weak signal, or return to home in the event of signal loss. I always turn around when I notice the signal strength lose a few bars, or when the signal icon flashes.

Am I being too cautious?
I've pushed my drone beyond signal range and got plenty of warnings before I lost control entirely. I was doing this intentionally and I knew I had my RTH settings set correctly. As expected I regained signal when it was heading back. I let if fly back the rest of the way. I was 5km out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121