DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much should I charge to fly at a concert?

For course there is always the issue of at least forming an LLC so if you do get sued it makes it harder for them to take everything you own for the rest of your life.

Reactions: umanbean
Yes U will need the night waiver and flying
Over crowd waiver
No more night waiver needed. Just be sure you have updated your 107.

I bill $150/hr for either flying and/or editing, 1/2 rate for ground travel, plus accommodations if needed. Whether I charge or not for additional personnel is dependent on the job and the needs. There is also a separate line item charge for the commercial insurance as every job and/or venue requires a different level of coverage and sometimes the venue needs to be added as a co-insured.

Reactions: macfawlty
A couple questions… do they want a finished video or just clips to edit into their promo? Finish editing is a real time suck, sourcing/licensing music, speed ramping, time lapse processing, special effects, exporting, uploading, etc.
I don’t think flying over a crowd is a good idea under any circumstances. I always assume a possibility, however unlikely that it could come down.
I‘ve witnessed drone companies doing festivals I’ve attended and they tend to avoid flying over a crowd at all. It’s possible to capture footage by flying the side lines, corners, behind the crowd, behind the stage. The concert promoter would feel more comfortable if you were to avoid the crowd flyover, in which they would share liability regardless. Of course, there may be a few people under your line, but not a crowd. You could cordon off an area on the perimeter temporarily with the help of security staff, from which you could fly straight up to capture a scene. There’s always a chance something could occur. I’ve crashed enough times to know it.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78