DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How 'Notify' FAA about drone flight?

56_kruiser

Reactions
I am needing to do a flight on Thanksgiving weekend at Francis Field (a park, not airport). So I went into Airmap, and it shows this:

Screenshot_20181108-094631.png

So it indicates I need to Notify the FAA and Airport. I'm waiting on call back from the airport now.

But I can't find anything on how to notify the FAA. Any thoughts?

You are “needing to do a flight” implies non-recreational, which would be Part 107 - is that correct? Your screenshot shows “Flying for fun” though, in which case the instructions make no sense - there is no FAA notification for Part 101 in any situation - just the airport and tower.

You are “needing to do a flight” implies non-recreational, which would be Part 107 - is that correct? Your screenshot shows “Flying for fun” though, in which case the instructions make no sense - there is no FAA notification for Part 101 in any situation - just the airport and tower.
I'm doing it for fun. I'm in a camera club and want to capture some video of a photo show we are doing, just to present to them at one of our meetings, as part of a demonstration of the since and it's photography.

Using the AirMap app should be fairly straight forward and nearly trouble free. When you complete all necessary steps within the AirMap app you should be notified of acceptance or denial. This would be within the app itself. As far as notifying the AP, there is usually a phone number associated with the AP right there in the app. They do not grant permission, only the FAA does that. The AP is notified as an informative only. AirMap should give almost all the specifics you need to fly.

Using the AirMap app should be fairly straight forward and nearly trouble free. When you complete all necessary steps within the AirMap app you should be notified of acceptance or denial. This would be within the app itself. As far as notifying the AP, there is usually a phone number associated with the AP right there in the app. They do not grant permission, only the FAA does that. The AP is notified as an informative only. AirMap should give almost all the specifics you need to fly.

That is only available for Part 107 pilots. If you aren't flying under Part 107, you can't use Airmap's LAANC functions. (and you have to call the airport/tower yourself)

Alright, let's try this again, then.
As a Fly 4 Fun pilot, you simply need to give the local ATC a courtesy call to inform them you are in their area. I believe this is necessary if you are within 5 miles of the local AP. A simple heads up call to the airport operations is warranted as well. Since you are following the rules established for CBOs. the above satisfies the requirements. You could easily google the local ATC for a phone number and the same for the airport operations center. Just for giggles, if you cannot find the phone numbers, maybe change the flight to a 107 and then perhaps the AIRMAP will provide more contact data for you. Then cancel out the 107 and finish up on AIRMAP with F4F. Give this a try, ok.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai