DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Reliable is Your Mavic Pro/Platinum?

How Reliable is Your Mavic Pro/Platinum?

• It's always rock solid, never so much as a glitch.

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • I have occasional app crashes and/or connection loss issues.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I have control problems so often I'm almost scared to fly anymore.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • This thing is completely unusable. I'm sending/have sent it back.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, 3 miles out? You must live in a rural area because I can't get more than 0.8 miles in my village
I tend to fly in rural areas for a 3mi distance, and always strive for a clear LOS connection. I also use a windsurfer which helps, but you have to pay attention to where the drone is and point the dish in the right direction.

Only .8mi is poor range if you're flying a Mavic Pro. That sounds more like a Mavic Air or Spark distance, which is understandable because those craft use WiFi instead of OcuSync. Even in town I get 2mi with windsurfer and direct LOS connection, no problem. If you're flying a Mavic Pro, it sounds like you have trees or other objects between you and craft, resulting in only .8mi. Or, since you're in Canada, you may be experiencing CE compliance, resulting in much less RF power.

Mine has been super, using it with an iPhone X and iPad mini 4. Never had the Go4 app crash, never any connection dropouts. Bought it in December, and only had one Gimbal error.. turned out a pebble got lodged in there, and when I got it out everything worked fine. Very pleased with the quality, the photos, and the software.

Reactions: Rockisy
2500 miles no problems, but pilot error a couple times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hidnflagn