DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to avoid height restriction in sight flight mode ?

funat

Reactions
Hi, I would like to take a pictures inside of big buildings, but without GPS Mavic Air flies in sight flight mode, that restrict flight height to 1-2 meters.
Is there a way to avoid this restriction ?
Thank's, Jerry

Last edited:
Hi, I would like to take a pictures inside of big buildings, but without GPS Mavic Air flies in sight flight mode, that restrict flight high to 1-2 meters.
Is there a way to avoid this restriction ?
Page 48 of your manual explains how:
Height is restricted to 16 feet (5 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is activated.
Height is restricted to 98 feet (30 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is inactivated

Turn off your VPS sensors and you can go much higher.

I know: YSRM (you should read manual first) :(
Thank You ! :)
Much of this type of info is in the notes or fine print and rarely cross referenced among related subject areas. This makes it a little more difficult to research a specific issue. And one has to keep track of the firmware revision notes as manual updates aren't timely. It's not always easy to find the info you seek. No worries.

Last edited:
Yep it will need to be controlled carefully, but these are very stable craft so it’s not too difficult. Practice before going full on.

Reactions: g36pilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidwujr