DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to cache in maps for flying in remote areas?

Opfor

Reactions
In the past I have flown in remote locations with no access to wifi or hotspot and would load maps prior to by spooling up the drone, clicking the map page on the tablet and scan the area in which I was planning to fly. It worked fine before but when I did this yesterday once I was at my location and clicked over to the map page my screen was black....nothing. Always enjoy having this especially when my signal fades out. The only diff I can think of is that previously I was using the Litchi app and this time the dji go 4 app. Litchi always crashes and got sick of it...more like GLITCHI. Can anyone explain what I did wrong or a better way to preload maps. Using Nvida shield tablet.
Thx

It worked fine before but when I did this yesterday once I was at my location and clicked over to the map page my screen was black
How exactly did you attempt to do this yesterday?

Same exact way that I explained above. spooling up the drone, clicking the map page on the tablet and scan the area in which I was planning to fly

There are several maps you could be clicking around on. For example, the map in Litchi, the map in DJI GO, or the map in another map app (like Google Maps).

Rather than making us guess, why not tell us exactly what you're doing?

In the past I have flown in remote locations with no access to wifi or hotspot and would load maps prior to by spooling up the drone, clicking the map page on the tablet and scan the area in which I was planning to fly. It worked fine before but when I did this yesterday once I was at my location and clicked over to the map page my screen was black....nothing. Always enjoy having this especially when my signal fades out. The only diff I can think of is that previously I was using the Litchi app and this time the dji go 4 app. Litchi always crashes and got sick of it...more like GLITCHI. Can anyone explain what I did wrong or a better way to preload maps. Using Nvida shield tablet.
Thx
I can probably help here...

Click on the top of the screen above in the search field and type in ‘Cache Maps’. Then click the magnifying glass.
Viola - you have a plethora of threads asking and answering your question.

Reactions: Opfor
I stated above I was using the DJI Go app and on the map page that comes up when you hit the map button. Making you guess, lol. I don't know what else to say other than what I already stated above with regards to how I was trying to cache it. I will just go search on youtube, sorry to bother.

I stated above I was using the DJI Go app and on the map page that comes up when you hit the map button. Making you guess, lol. I don't know what else to say other than what I already stated above with regards to how I was trying to cache it. I will just go search on youtube, sorry to bother.
It's no bother at all. You just didn't reveal enough details for anyone to do anything but take a wild stab at the solution. And I'm assuming you didn't come here for a wild stab.

If you're not sure how to cache the map data in DJI GO, then check out this article:

HOW TO: Cache the maps in DJI GO

Or you can spend 18 minutes watching the video you linked about ;)

Reactions: Opfor
why heck your drone must be out of your sight if your flying with a map. theres others on here that dont like that. how far can you fly??Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu