DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to color correct and edit photos quickly and efficiently.

Josiah S

Reactions
How can I edit a bunch of photos quickly and efficiently? I am VERY slow at doing it. Thanks for your help!

I used to have a app that would do as many as you pulled into it but deleted it. Was no good edited every one of them the same. All
pictures are not the same. IMO to get your best results each needs
to be done separately. Yeah I know I have stocked piled thousands
that need to be deleted or edited and will when I stop flying taking them ?
I edit a few but most just file and send to external hard drive.

What are you using to edit? I use LR and you can edit pretty quickly once you know what you're doing. Still takes time. I edit only a small percentage of the best photos I shoot.

What are you using to edit? I use LR and you can edit pretty quickly once you know what you're doing. Still takes time. I edit only a small percentage of the best photos I shoot.
What little I edit I just use the iPad Editer or LR app or the stock iMac one. Can’t remember at the moment what it’s called.
Figured I learn on a good program when I stopped flying. ?

Lightroom (LR) is a good program for making edits to many files quickly and efficiently. You can save photo settings and apply them to all your photos at the same time.

This is really useful for hyperlapse photos if they are captured in RAW format and you want to process all of them with tweaks before converting them into a video.

Personally, I use Lightroom Classic as it is more fully featured than regular Lightroom, at least for what I do with it.

LR can be a bit intimidating and confusing to start, but there are many excellent YouTube videos which make what you are trying to do easy without spending hours to learn the basics.

Lightroom also has some AI trained settings that get you to a good starting place. Setting the color settings to one of the predefined modes helps - I usually start with “Landscape” and then go to “AUTO” to adjust exposure.

There are many editing software out there. Some are free while others are not. Some are easy and others not so. My goto PC software is Corel Paintshop Pro. If the image needs a lot of work I use Adobe Photoshop.

Reactions: Pietros
What little I edit I just use the iPad Editer or LR app or the stock iMac one. Can’t remember at the moment what it’s called.
Figured I learn on a good program when I stopped flying. ?
The photo editor which comes with every Mac is called "Photos" and it works well for a beginner. You can record the edits you do to one photo then apply that the same to every photo. This works for a bach of photos taken in the same light on the same day, but as others have said most photos tend to be a little different so there is a need for custom editing each one.

The photo editor which comes with every Mac is called "Photos" and it works well for a beginner. You can record the edits you do to one photo then apply that the same to every photo. This works for a bach of photos taken in the same light on the same day, but as others have said most photos tend to be a little different so there is a need for custom editing each one.
Then you can call me a beginner editer,
I do most of what I do on my iPad also use snapseed a little.
Like I said I’ve been stockpiling for around 7 years but will get around to learning to edit one day. Videos I just use imovie .
is good enough for me.

How can I edit a bunch of photos quickly and efficiently? I am VERY slow at doing it. Thanks for your help!
The best way to get better images is to do a better job setting your camera, before you make exposures. Get your white balance in sync with conditions. Get exposures correct using the histogram. Use all the basic ideas for better images. Edit your images and eliminate those that look bad. Don’t expect to use Photoshop to fix your (Mod Removed Inappropriate Language)You will waste your life in correcting mistakes. Do them correct from the beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KingRat
As a wedding photographer, I use Lightroom because you can use presets that automatically adjust highlights, shadows, clarity and vibrance when you upload the pictures. Then you can adjust the black and whites. Then I sync the color balance by selecting the pictures you like. You can find these presets all over the web.

Thanks for your replies, I mostly know how to edit pictures I am just not very efficient at it and it takes me a long time. I have Lightroom and photoshop on free trial. I use Lightroom to merge HDR and panoramas to gether but I did not know you could color correct in Lightroom also. Is there anything wrong with gimp and raw therapee? Has anybody used these?

Thanks for your replies, I mostly know how to edit pictures I am just not very efficient at it and it takes me a long time. I have Lightroom and photoshop on free trial. I use Lightroom to merge HDR and panoramas to gether but I did not know you could color correct in Lightroom also. Is there anything wrong with gimp and raw therapee? Has anybody used these?
I've used GIMP and RAW Therapee. They are OK, but not the greatest feature set, and not super efficient to edit with, just based on the design of the user interface. I can definitely recommend Lightroom. It's pretty much the best photo editor out there. I used Gimp and other editors until I finally got tired of the slow workflow and got LR.

Lightroom. BECAUSE it’s super efficient and 98% capable of advanced editing functions, with an easy pitch to photoshop when needed for custom masking.

And, it doesn’t break a sweat managing as many images as you want. Tagging,rating, sorting, multiple version edits on one image. Lightroom is well worth the time to learn!

GIMP on PC. - That is free
Affinity Photo on iPad - 9.99$ one time fee. Even more features then LR without subscription monthly pay.

Photoshop Elements - wait for a sale. WAY MORE than a normal person would ever need. If I can use it at age 75, you mere mortals can excel at it. I boosted the color saturation for more blues and greens.

Attachments

• DJI_0862e.jpg
    DJI_0862e.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: Capt KO
I haven't kept up with the latest software but as a photographer for over 50 years it has been my experience that most automated processes aren't very good. One reason is that making adjustments for brightness, saturation, contrast, color etc. is a matter of personal preference. If you have numerous images that need the same adjustments or corrections then batch editing in PhotoShop or similar can save time where you record the adjustments used for one image and apply them via automation to a batch of others, but if you want software to automatically find the best adjustments for images whether numerous or few I expect you will be disappointed. I don't see how that's really possible.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki