DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to edit the stitch line or seam line on a 360 Pano photo?

chong67

Reactions
How do you edit the seam line or stitch line on a 360 Pano photo? It is that verticle line..

How do you edit it out? What technique do you use?

Thank you.

In Panovolo we have a built in blender for it when we detect that 360 pano is being stitched.

Manually you can try to cut a small vertical strip from left or right, mirror flip it horizontally and paste on the opposite side with blending. May work for some images, but not others because exposure compensation for left-right sides will not match perfectly.

Reactions: chong67
I use the blend mode, select the stitch like, using the content aware fill, run it thru a few pass and it seems to work in Photoshop. Anyone do this?

I stitch individual photos with PTGUI Pro, which blends them and doesn't leave stitch lines.

If you are talking about the JPEG files stitched by the drone, open them in a photo editor that supports 360° editing. I use Affinity Photo, which lets me touch up the zenith and nadir which sometimes need a little work. I also use Affinity Photo on my edited panoramas after Color Efex has processed the equirectangular files (because Color Efex doesn't understand 360° images), because then I do get a seam line that needs editing.

The tool I use for this is the inpainting brush, or sometimes the clone brush. Depends on the problem I'm trying to fix.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne