DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to create something like this?

I own a Mini 2 and I've found that the way to get the smoothest time lapse look is to just video the scene and then speed it up eight times with an editor. They probably also use an ND filter.

Last edited:
This is a hyperlapse with Long Exposure. You will need to use Manual Settings (Pro Settings) for this.
The video you linked, shows a static camera, which is easier because it is not drifting or moving around at all.
If you want to do this with a drone, you will need a calm day, without wind. You set the flight mode to Cine and go to Hyperlapse mode (Free), set the settings, and enable Manual Camera Settings on the bottom right. There you set manually the ISO, Aperture, and Shutter Speed. For shutter speed, I think something like 1/2 or 1/4 should be fine, but do not make it too long (not longer than a second) because then it will look blurry.
After setting shutter speed, you will need to set the ISO and Aperture, the ISO should be as low as possible, and the aperture wide open (low f-value, for example, f2.8). If with the ISO at 100 and the aperture wide open it is too bright, then close a little the aperture, if it is too dark, increase the iso to a maximum of 400, and if it is still too dark, slow down the shutter speed to 1".

This looks like as others have suggested a hyperlpase but on a loop ,providing for a nice effect and edited to fit the small window.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain.

Reactions: Yaros
How can I create something like this with the Mavic 3.
I assume this is a hyperlapse in free mode.
There is no information in the reel.
Could anyone think of the possible setting to recreate this?

Thanks in advance
Yep, as others have rightly stated, this is a long exposure muliple shot sequence from a fixed camera point, such a s a tripod. Then all looped together. Exposure to me looks like at least a second, if not more, of a still camera probably, rather than a video camera. Though it may well be a very long exposure video camera doing the filming, but still attached to a fixed land point, I would think, like a tripod etc.

This is a hyperlapse with Long Exposure. You will need to use Manual Settings (Pro Settings) for this.
The video you linked, shows a static camera, which is easier because it is not drifting or moving around at all.
If you want to do this with a drone, you will need a calm day, without wind. You set the flight mode to Cine and go to Hyperlapse mode (Free), set the settings, and enable Manual Camera Settings on the bottom right. There you set manually the ISO, Aperture, and Shutter Speed. For shutter speed, I think something like 1/2 or 1/4 should be fine, but do not make it too long (not longer than a second) because then it will look blurry.
After setting shutter speed, you will need to set the ISO and Aperture, the ISO should be as low as possible, and the aperture wide open (low f-value, for example, f2.8). If with the ISO at 100 and the aperture wide open it is too bright, then close a little the aperture, if it is too dark, increase the iso to a maximum of 400, and if it is still too dark, slow down the shutter speed to 1".
Thank you very much.
I will test with the provided recommendations and share the reel :)

Reactions: Yaros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter