DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How To Deliver A Beer With A Drone (a Mavic Air 2 in particular!)

Awesome project!
Did you consider not having a parachute and just gently landing the beer on the ground and releasing it? Seems a bit less complicated and you could put a 500ml beer on there maybe ;)

Reactions: Thmoore
Nice experiment, thanks for the post. I see from feedback that the parachute could fe folded for quicker release. or use a static cord or a pilot chute.

I see from the photo in the post that the release can drop a life jacket. If a mate is in trouble it is a fine call whether to drop a life jacket or Bud ;-)

I really like the rescue line idea. Like on a wharf it could carry a light line which the person in trouble uses to pull over a buoyancy aid and heavier line. Cool. Agree the release is needed!

Reactions: Thmoore
Delivering bears would probably require several M2's working together, even for small bear cubs.
But on the safety line, how about taking across only a very light line with your drone, and then using that to pull the safety line across the water?

I really like the rescue line idea. Like on a wharf it could carry a light line which the person in trouble uses to pull over a buoyancy aid and heavier line. Cool. Agree the release is needed!

Nice research Thmoore. I have been experimenting with delivering a safety- line across rivers with our water rescue team

Have you considered using a lighter "messenger" line that you tie off to your main line once it's over? You can still use polypro, if you want (or any other lightweight line).

Reactions: monteolsen1
Awesome project!
Did you consider not having a parachute and just gently landing the beer on the ground and releasing it? Seems a bit less complicated and you could put a 500ml beer on there maybe ;)

“Less complicated” was not among the mission goals...

I did consider having the a beer simply hang from the drone with some easy way for the recipient to disengage it from the line. This would not be *nearly* as much fun – it would not involve the air dropper.

Plus, once you have the dropper on board and line holding everything in place, the parachute doesn’t really add that much extra weight.

• Haha
Reactions: monteolsen1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos