How to downgrade K1 Shield to 6.0 Android

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by zimode, Mar 4, 2017.

1. zimode

zimode Well-Known Member

For those who are having problems with 7.0 Android and the K1 Shield.. so following the suggestion of a previous post - here's the links & phone number

Nvidia Download center to get the previous version of Android - Download Center

Nvidia Shield Zone to get instructions on how to unlock bootloader (if you have problems with the download center instructions) Tutorial: Root Shield Tablet (Marshmallow) – NVidia Shield Zone

Nividia Tier 2 support phone number (note in CA so PST time) 408 486-2000

Also - all of the commands should be done in DOS in the directory that you have the OS file in..

#1 zimode, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  2. Phrede

Phrede Active Member

Does this help with the disconnects and app crashes? We need a thread for Shield people.

3. zimode

zimode Well-Known Member

It has been absolutely stable since I downgraded..

4. Phrede

Phrede Active Member

Thanks.
    I used a different method using the recovery file from Nvidia. I should mention I had problems at first but it was solved by doing a factory reset FIRST while still on Nougat, then booting to boatloader screen, then running flash-all.bat from the expanded .zip file. (I have the fastboot - adb directory in my path statement.)

I can't wait to try. The app crashes while flying get me nervous.
    Working on a way to make the upgrade notification go away.