DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to format the internal storage of M2P

Arbasd

Reactions
My first couple of flights were done without my SD card in the aircraft so the recordings are stored on its internal storage. I cannot figure out how to delete those files. It says the internal drive is protected when attempt to format it from my PC. I see the files are in the DCIM sub-folder but I cannot delete them only copy them.. I am using the smart controller and I don't see where there is an option to format either the internal storage or the SD card.

How can I delete files from the internal storage of the ac?

My first couple of flights were done without my SD card in the aircraft so the recordings are stored on its internal storage. I cannot figure out how to delete those files. It says the internal drive is protected when attempt to format it from my PC. I see the files are in the DCIM sub-folder but I cannot delete them only copy them.. I am using the smart controller and I don't see where there is an option to format either the internal storage or the SD card.

How can I delete files from the internal storage of the ac?

You should be able to connect the drone to the computer and delete them using the computer itself.
You wont be able to reformat the internal storage using the computer just the sd cards.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.

Last edited:
You should be able to connect the drone to the computer and delete them using the computer itself.
You wont be able to reformat the internal storage just the sd cards.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Actually, you can. There is an option in the GO4 app that literally says "Format Internal Storage".

1589128230905.png

Screenshot from this YouTube video

Last edited by a moderator:
What Doppler sez ^^

However, you should been able to delete the files from your computer (also: you can format them on your computer if you use the same file system the Mavic uses, which should be the case by default). If write-protection is on, you won't be able to format from any device (even the Mavic).

Chris

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I have the SC with a Mavic 2 Pro and I can just choose to reformat the internal storage right from the SC screen. I just did it about 2 days ago. Though I have never updated anything on the SC or the M2P because I read about too many problems people have. So, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. It does all that I need just the way it is.

>*crash*<

Q: Why did it do that?

A: Bad bug. Fixed in v1.114. You DID upgrade to v1.114, didn't you?

No. "It does all that I need just the way it is."
Not quite sure of what you are posting here. I have never updated my M2P, bought it a few months after they came out, and never updated my SC since the day I bought it about 10 months ago maybe. They have never given me a problem and do all that I require of them. I have had zero problems in all this time, so what purpose would there be, as in what more would I get by taking the chance of an update?

Plenty of others have had no problems with updates but plenty of others HAVE had problems with updates. My question is why should I take the risk if all is going fine right now?

>*crash*<

Q: Why did it do that?

A: Bad bug. Fixed in v1.114. You DID upgrade to v1.114, didn't you?

No. "It does all that I need just the way it is."
Your whole post is so flawed.... Do you know how many people have not updated aircraft/remotes? LOTS... i don't think one person has crashed because they didn't update their drone to current firmware....at all....some people just don't want all the nanny bull that comes with newer updates and actually want to fly the thing instead of worrying about what dji snuck in the newest fw.. like rogue nfz's or antirollback of fw ex: some people need to down grade because all modules didn't flash correctly....there is a bunch of reasons ...and no u don't have to be doing illegal stuff just because u want to be on older fw. (I know u didn't say this, but most people do)

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Hi all - getting an error message "unable to format internal storage" when attempting to format through the app. Anyone know how to get around this?

Hi all - getting an error message "unable to format internal storage" when attempting to format through the app. Anyone know how to get around this?

Is it a new card? What type is it?

The first thing I would do would be to try and format it elsewhere, such as a computer (using the mini adapter in a card reader). If it does not format there, then it you have a bad card or possibly counterfeit.

I would also try another card in the drone, just to zero in on where the problem is.

Hi - it's not the card - it's the internal storage. As in the 8GB (I believe) that can be recorded directly onto the drone's memory, separate from the SD card.

You don't format the storage you just delete it, I believe. I have always just deleted mine when something has gone over and recoded on there. And delete your cache. I was thinking you were wanting to format the Micro SD car when in the drone, not the built in 16GB.

Actually, you can. There is an option in the GO4 app that literally says "Format Internal Storage".

View attachment 100944

Screenshot from this YouTube video
Hey Bill...just watching this video and notice at the end when you're selling "yourself and your channel" you look off to the left instead of making eye contact with your viewers. Like Mike Larabee says on Last Man Standing "not cool !" Ha...just a suggestion to try and be more personable. Great channel by the way.....Stephen ( Brick Jockey )

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos