DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get inches above ground?

Bunraku

Reactions
Hi

I want to film a few inches above ground, but as soon as I am at 1 foot above and press down it lands. Is there a way around this?

Thanks

Easy peasy, just turn of landing protection, and the bottom sensors. You can fly a couple of inches off the ground, but be careful, once you stop moving, you will lose translational lift, and the AC will contact the ground.

That's also the way you set it up for hand catches.....

You only need to turn off "landing protection", not the downward sensors entirely. Actually best to leave them on for more precise height control.

Reactions: Rockisy
+1 on just turning off the Landing Protection. Again be careful!

Also, you don't need to turn off any sensors to hand land.

You are brave than I to want to fly that close to the ground. At 1', the video already looks like you are clipping grass blades, so I couldn't imagine less than that!

The "Landing Protection" setting can be found in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Landing-Protection.jpg

After disabling this setting, keep in mind that your Mavic will slam into the ground if you attempt to do a full throttle stick down landing without manually slowing down before the Mavic makes it to the ground.

You could also try using the camera zoom. It may be good enough for your purposes and is not as dangerous as flying low.

If you can access the site by foot, leave the motors off and just hold it in your hand. The gimbal makes it a pretty good steady-cam.

Reactions: Odom1957
Waiting for the "crashed my new mavic" thread

Buy a handheld gimbal. Whats the point of flying inches off the ground with a $1200 machine when its meant to be up in the sky...

If you can access the site by foot, leave the motors off and just hold it in your hand. The gimbal makes it a pretty good steady-cam.

I could totally picture someone running around holding their Mavic inches off the ground between their legs! OMG, the amount of beer I'd down watching that!

I could totally picture someone running around holding their Mavic inches off the ground between their legs! OMG, the amount of beer I'd down watching that!
It would be funny, and I would join you with that beer, but close-ups should be done s l o w l y. It would be interesting to see how many people came up to ask what they were looking for.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada